Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Missing Templates ? (Downloaded and executed file, but don't see them in menu)

I clicked "Help" then "Download Templates", and then did download the "webdesigntemplates.exe" file and saved it to my hard drive. I then did double-click on the file, and it did tell me it is "installing" the extra templates. But, in the "Design" Galleries, I only see the original dozen (or so) templates. I also do not see any additional graphics items, folders, or anything. So, what do I have to do to get these "webdesigntemplates.exe" contents to INSTALL? Are the kept in some hidden place? I can't find ANYTHING "new" that was added to the original software, after downloading the additional file. Thanks for anybody's help.

Default Re: Missing Templates ? (Downloaded and executed file, but don't see them in menu)

Hi chamuel , Welcome to the TG Forums.

Until you download and install the templates (which you have now done), most of the designs which appear in the trial version design gallery are only thumbnail representations.

Default Re: Missing Templates ? (Downloaded and executed file, but don't see them in menu)

Thank you. My goal is to use Web Designer to create my site, and then perhaps transfer those pages into DreamWeaver (which I already own -- but have found difficult to do page design).

Where can I get additional templates that will work with Web Designer . . . and then also with DreamWeaver?

There have been quite a few member submitted templates in the forum.
    Also check out the Resources Sticky post

The templates are not design for use with Dreamweaver, but if you have any success - we'd love to hear about it

Thanks for your reply.

Well, if that is the case, I have no use for the product.

It's very ingenious and the ease-of-use (drag and drop, etc) can't be beat.

But I absolutely need to create a page that can THEN be imported into DreamWeaver . . . for further work.

I guess I'll request a refund and uninstall.

Suggestion: If you can implement this feature in the future, I will not hesitate to buy it again. Very important to me!

Thanks again.

Hi chamuel,

TalkGraphics is run by it's members and volunteer moderators (such as myself)
    We don't work for Xara Ltd, but some Xara developers do visit the forums.

It's a pity that you couldn't discover your needs may not be fulfilled during the 30 day trial period
    May I inquire what it is you absolutely need from the Dreamweaver steps?
    Perhaps Web Designer is able to do it all for you?

Hi Sledger

Well, for starters, I have "templates" in Dreamweaver (numerous "child" pages that need to be updated from the parent "template" page).

Then, I need the complete flexibility to work with the code of the pages.

So, I don't want to start using any page format that is not DreamWeaver compatible.

ALSO . . . I have multiple websites . . . and I need DreamWeaver's "Manage Sites" feature (allows me to store multiple FTP connection information, ect) . . . rather than manually typing all that stuff in each time I want to work on a different site (with Web Designer).

Regarding the "30 day trial", your advice is good . . . but too late for me, because I just went ahead and bought it withOUT testing during the trial. (I figured that, since I loved all the OTHER Xara software previously purchased, that I would like "Web Designer", too.)

Too impulsive on my part, I fear.

Thanks again for your kind help.

I've contacted the Xara for the refund.

Quote Originally Posted by chamuel View Post
    But I absolutely need to create a page that can THEN be imported into DreamWeaver
    Pages exported by WD can be opened and edited in any html editing software including Dreamweaver. What stops you from doing it now? It's not clear from your previous posts, you were talking about templates?
    Suggestion: If you can implement this feature in the future, I will not hesitate to buy it again.
    What feature? Please explain in more detail so we know what we are supposed to implement.

Thank you.
    John.