Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Publishing: Specific Page/Changes Uploads...

Quote Originally Posted by himagain View Post
    .....An answer from "on high" about a fix for this would seem a big priority to me ....
    I don't think it needs a "fix". Maybe partial uploads would be nice, but it's not actually broken, and it does work.
    ....So how does one operate a "real" Site where e.g. content will be changing daily over many sections as in an ongoing Course, or worse, multiple never-ending novels?...
    You edit it and upload the whole site
    Or worse, when gathering content automatically that will also lengthen pages/boxes? (Just realised I can't see how to do that, either)...
    Not sure how you anticipate a graphic based site to be edited by gathering content automatically .... Telepathy perhaps! How does it know what you want, and where you want it .......

XWD is a graphic based web designer tool ...... If it's not suitable for what you want, then use something else. I think you are being very unreasonable about your wants for an inexpensive tool.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 19 May 2009 at 02:54 AM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

I am just another user of the software, so don't consider any post by me as being "official" by any means. Talkgraphics is a forum for uses and moderated by users. Although Xara Ltd employees do visit and make posts, they do so most often after a new release has been made.

As I see it Web Designer is an initial release of a concept. At this stage of development the program was meant to be used by an individual for creating a personal website. Feature support for CMS or frequently updateing and uploading incrementally were not envisioned this early in development.

Many of your questions about features have already been made in the Dear Xara Web Designer forum.

Future releases of Web Designer may include some or all of the requested features according to how they fit into Xara's plans for the application.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thumbs down Re: Publishing: Specific Page/Changes Uploads...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    HA and everyone else, please post in the Web Designer forum if you wish to open up a debate or ask broad questions.
    This forum is for Feature requests, suggestions and bug reports rather than question time, pondering or debates.
    Ha there Sledger,
    Ahhhhh, I thought this was the ideal spot for both the rest of the posts and especially mine, vis:
    Feature request: see bugs
    suggestions: Yes - Please do something about this really great detraction from a good product.
    Bugs: The main complaint for all in this area is about this horrendous bug requiring a total upload every time a minor or automatic change is made.

Seriously,
    Himagain
    IP

Thank you for your comments.
    Xara devs' do review the Dear Xara forums, I doubt they miss any plausible feature requests, suggestions or serious bug reports.

Discussions, workarounds or additional questions can be posted in the regular Web Designer forum.

Thread closed
    IP