Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Grid based Designs

Hi am making up a grid for a website design that is 960pix with 12 cols at 60pix and gutter of 20 is there a wizard that would set this up in xara or do you need to layout the grid myself

thanks

Default Re: Grid based Designs

answering my own post its a bad sign i know

If there is a guide wizard then that would be great if not may something for xara to consider

I setup the grid using 60pix rectangles then used the blend tool to space them out evenly giving me the 20pix gutter pretty simple should have had a go first before posting

I'm not sure if this is what you need but you can set up the grid units and grid spacing and then select Show Grid and Snap To Grid from the Window menu.

Though using Blend for this is a good solution too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show-grid.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	59795  

Since your requirements divide evenly by 20, Gary's right that Xtreme's grid would be a snap to set up (all puns intended ). Options | Grid and Ruler tab. 80pix major spacing with 4 subdivisions. Put the origin where you want it.

OTOH, if your project involves measures that aren't evenly divisible across the board, the blend is great idea. Did you put your blend on the Guides layer?