Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A little help from Javascript

I'm new to the forum and to XWD, and I must say Web Designer has met most of my expectations. It's a very impressive piece of software, and I've enjoyed learning how to use it.

Most of my efforts so far have been to customize XWD as much as possible using javascript. For example, I have written a very simple little script to put a header on each page automatically. First, I put a banner image at the top of the page using it as a placeholder for some HTML code. Under Web Properties > Placeholder I typed in a <div ID="Header">, etc. and other code to instantiate a place for the header. Then under Web Properties > Page on each page I entered a Page Title.

The following script (typed into the Tracker Code textbox) did the rest, printing the Page Tiltle as a banner headline:

<script type=text/javascript>
    myTitle=document.getElementsByTagName("title")[0].innerHTML;
    document.getElementById("headline").innerHTML=myTi tle;
    </script>

Not too elegant, but it gets the job done. I hope someone else can made use of the idea.

I've found one problem with XWD though: a script that I previously used to copy highlighted text does not work. But I'll save that for another post.

Meantime, I have to say that Web Designer is really, really quite nice. I've been waiting a long time for software this useful.

My thanks to the development team!

Default Re: A little help from Javascript

Quote Originally Posted by Elderberry View Post
    I've found one problem with XWD though: a script that I previously used to copy highlighted text does not work. But I'll save that for another post.
    If you show us the script, we may be able to help you.
    John.