Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wild Iris HDR

Default Re: Wild Iris HDR

Hi Larry,

Doesn't the non Pro version have the Photo Tool? The levels required to simulate HDR would be the one in the Photo Tool.

Rich is using multiple exposures with different aperature settings. That is why he mentions the windy conditons outdoors. You cannot get multiple exposures in windy conditions because your subject is never in the same place for successive exposures.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Yeah it does,
    Stupid me I just found out how to manipulate the different channels.
    I didn't think I had a levels tool like that. I thought only the pro version had the levels tool, well it does to manipulate the shadows and highlights which I do not have, but now a whole new world is opened up to me.
    Thank you Bill
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Bill,

I have been shooting at different EV settings. Basically, AEB i.e. auto exposure bracket. So, 0,-1 & -2 EV (exposure value). In Program mode or Aperature mode. I think I changed to F18 in A mode. F32 only on very still days. HDR required two or more images. You can use more than three. I tried tone balancing and blending the same image. I get a result, but not the same a using different settings.

There is HDR in Photo Impact, and I have an older version. I have been using Akvis Enhancer. No idea if there is a best application. I still have not been able to get reds right. More practice, probably.

Rich
    IP

Too much red with the fly, and this is just the starting image.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0006s.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	59909   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RD0005s.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	59910  

IP

Rich always nice to see your work
    greetings
    IP

Too windy for an HDR.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-1-2s.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	59943  
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by molucca View Post
    Bill,

I have been shooting at different EV settings.
    Rich in film photography there are varying methods to get different exposures.

1. You can use a set shutter speed and a set film iso rating then vary the aperature.

2. You can use a set aperature and set film iso rating then vary the shutter speed.

3. You can use a set shutter speed and aperature then vary the iso rating.

4. You can vary all three and have some wild fun.

On the old manual cameras I used ages ago a single click on the iso rating (known as ASA back then in the US) was the same as a single click on the Aperature ring on the lens. Increasing the ASA setting was the same as reducing the Aperature opening and vise versa if you lowered ASA setting. The reasoning is the higher the ASA rating the more sensitive the film is to light, but setting a higher ASA than the actual rating of the film is allowing less light than the true rating requires for a given exposure.

Your digital camera EV setting is similar to the ASA setting and to the Aperature setting. It essentially determines the amount of light allowed to enter the camera as the Aperature would do...but also is refered to as being similar to ISO in some documentation.

In any case it is basically the same as what I mentioned about different Aperature Settings. It was generally understood by photographers of those days that any of the 3 settings could be adjusted to make a different exposure depending on your requirements. Shutter speed being important to catch action in sharp detail or to get a blur to indicate speed or movement. Aperature being important to set a larger or smaller depth of field. ISO setting to use the full potential of the film in a given amount of light or to capture details in the shadows or highlights.

I'll refrain from going into details about developing the film and all it's variations along with darkroom techniques.

I don't have time to write a full series of photography technical manuals at this time.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Bill,

I use Auto Bracket because I don't touch the camera between shots. I need to use a remote switch as well. Too much nerve damage. Same reason I don't draw very often.

I built a dark room when I was younger, but my brother used all the supplies.

Rich
    IP

Rich,

Auto Bracket is a good feature of the new cameras. It would have made my photographs a lot easier to do back in the day.

Can you select a number of steps for the bracket or does it only allow a default number?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Bill,

I usually set the EV to -1. With AEB you can dial in a high and low from there. So, for my camera, three exposures.

Rich
    IP