Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, folks,

Computer Arts Magazine commissioned me to write a XARA tutorial for issue 103, December 2004, which just arrived here in Canada but has probably been available elsewhere for some time.

CA Media Content Editor Joe Russ wanted the article to demonstrate XARA's ease of use. I decided to demonstrate the virtues of XARA's Direct Action toolset by showing the flexibility and intuitiveness of one particular feature (in this case the Graduated transparency tool), then showing how that approach prevailed throughout the program.

Gary Priester helped me get started on approaching the subject because Gary is our go-to guy. We both saw the commission as an opportunity to really open some eyes and draw well-earned attention to XARA, and I thank him for being there.

I invite any and all feedback on the article. It should make for a good discussion.

Thanks and best regards,

Kane

Hi, folks,

Computer Arts Magazine commissioned me to write a XARA tutorial for issue 103, December 2004, which just arrived here in Canada but has probably been available elsewhere for some time.

CA Media Content Editor Joe Russ wanted the article to demonstrate XARA's ease of use. I decided to demonstrate the virtues of XARA's Direct Action toolset by showing the flexibility and intuitiveness of one particular feature (in this case the Graduated transparency tool), then showing how that approach prevailed throughout the program.

Gary Priester helped me get started on approaching the subject because Gary is our go-to guy. We both saw the commission as an opportunity to really open some eyes and draw well-earned attention to XARA, and I thank him for being there.

I invite any and all feedback on the article. It should make for a good discussion.

Thanks and best regards,

Kane

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Kane,

Computer Arts Magazine is not available here - do you have any link to a web site for me?
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Jens,

The website is Computer Arts

Not sure if you can access the tutorials though.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

You can access their Website tutes but not stuff from the magazines. That you have to buy. But you CAN buy the mag from their site, so that would help. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Sorry, this is off topic Kane, but you posted some CAN-AM cars quite a while ago. Was wondering if you've done any more?
    tim

Last time I tried to buy an issue from their site I was directed to a page that only sells the issues in PDF, not the hard copy!! I wanted the issue for the software disk. As it turns out in the good ole' USA we are always WAY behind getting UK based mags. So I got the issue (had a copy of Vue 3 full copy) from Borders Books in Palo Alto, CA. Made my day!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Didn't like Vue! At least I didn't buy the silly program eh?? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimS:
    Sorry, this is off topic Kane, but you posted some CAN-AM cars quite a while ago. Was wondering if you've done any more?
    tim <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, Tim,

I got waylaid by other projects but I expect to be getting back to the Can Am stuff in a month or two.

Thanks for asking!

Kane

I have seen Computer Arts on the shelf at both Tower Records and Borders. Not so much at Barnes and Noble. If any of those stores are in your area you might have a good chance of finding it.
    Sheff
    My Site

i sub. for ComputerArts Mag.

and can not wait to see the tutorial

i love this mag - it it great

but i hate the idea - that it is almost dedicated to Adobe and Macromedia products

but you stiil get creative ideas

l hope the tutorial shows the strength of Xara that other don't have

===