Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Arrangement of objects on a layer

Is there a panel anywhere in the program that indicates the arrangement of objects on a given layer? That would be incredibly helpful, I can't find it if it's in there. I'm doing a lot of guesswork over here LOL.

Default Re: Arrangement of objects on a layer

There is no such panel. I think you are referring to the layer thumbnail in programs like photoshop where you can see whats on a particular layer in the laters panel.

Basically I think that this is something which should be improved in future versions of XWD. IMHO we need the output from XWD to include "hooks" in the HTML output - hooks which will allow for things like javascript and CSS integration to an autogenerated HTML document. I hope to write some threads here on TG which will make my point clear to everone.

About your need for some sort of grouping elements in "layers" (HTML "DIV" tags I guess). I have been working on some javascript code which actually is able to figure out which elements are within a given graphics area (which is a transparent piece of graphics) and then do something with them.

I might create a javascript jQuery plugin which will be able to integrate with other jQuery extentions (example of popular jQuery extentions). But I have nothing just yet which I want to release.
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Quote Originally Posted by netsi View Post
    About your need for some sort of grouping elements in "layers" (HTML "DIV" tags I guess).
    This is possible, though not straightforward. You can create a div and place the content of the separate WD layer into it using placeholders. This is used in some tweaks fomr the tweakset.
    If you want more detais on it I can explain how is it done. It's simpler then identify objects by their position relative to the area as you do with JS.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    This is used in some tweaks fomr the tweakset.
    Which tweak page is it?
    Cheers,

Sten

The latest Tweakset is always available on page 1, post 1.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    The latest Tweakset is always available on page 1, post 1.
    Hi Sledger, I know that the latest tweakset is on page 1 But where in the tweaks can I find the example which solves the problem?
    Cheers,

Sten

Sticky footer for example. The content of the "Footer" layer is placed in the <div id='my_footer'>.
    John.

Sorry Sten, when you asked "which page", I thought you mean't which page in the thread