Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Browser problem?

I started work on a multi-page site, and uploaded what I have so far last night. The computer I made it on runs firefox, XP pro sp 2. When I checked it online, the home page comes up garbled. I checked it from two other machines, one with I.E., and one with Firefox. It looks fine on both. I figured it had to do with temp files, cache, etc., and ran a cleanup on the system, but the site still comes up garbled. I'd really like to be able to check my progress on my main machine as I go. Any ideas?

Default Re: Browser problem?

What does "garbled" mean? Can you attach a screen image?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garbled1.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	59695  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 19 April 2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Attached image to post

Because of the numbering sequence that WD exports all images (0.png, 1.png etc) any changes to your design which include the addition (or deletion) of an image object will cause WD to rewrite that sequence.
    The result always is that when re uploading your site after such edits, you MUST re upload ALL of it. This ensures that the correct 'numbered' image is loaded into the right place in your design.

When I updated, I used the WD upload function. The site looks fine online on my two laptops using the same modem. I expect the problem is something local to my desktop machine, but I have cleared cache, history, etc., and it still gives me this.
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 20 April 2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg

When you update the site, do you update a file at a time, or do you do an 'Export to website' (or an 'Publish to website'), uploading ALL files from the current HTML export?

I believe I used Publish to website. Last night I had started over from scratch.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 20 April 2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg