Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: business cards

Default business cards

I really need some business card templates at the standard credit card size of
    85mm x 55mm with 3mm bleed on each edge.

I saw this online, which I guess would be helpful

http://site.xara.com/products/xtreme/bizzsets.asp

However, when I follow the instructions and click 'get clipart' nothing happens.

Any suggestions? Xara seems to work only in pix, when I need to specify mm.

Default Re: business cards

If you have the CD version of Xtreme installed, then you should already have the Business Pack. Clicking 'Get Clipart' will do nothing if it's already installed.

Xtreme works in many different units.
    Check Options;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xtreme units.png 
Views:	348 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	59594  

I have the cd version which is installed, but for some reason I've got the same amount of templates as in the trial version. How do I get them off the disc?

I made my own template in X4 to fit on an A4 and printed on my home printer.
    I just divided the page up (you can use the guide lines to do this) and then added a rectangle to take the words and clipart. If you have a repeating card this is very easy. I put twelve on a page
    Rupert

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You can download a set of templates for business cards and more from the Xara Xone shareware pages I have used the business card template and it works well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

The page you linked to on the Xara website is wrong/out of date, and you're right - downloading the clipart as instructed doesn't give the Business Pack any more (it did in the past).

You perhaps installed Xtreme as I did from the CD, opting not to copy the clipart from the CD - you could get it by reinstalling and selecting the Full install, or you (I think) can put the CD in and click "Disc Clipart" in the Clipart Gallery... I've vague memories of doing that with Xara Studio/CorelXara in the days when you had to preciously guard your massive 1 GB hard drive!

Meanwhile, for an instant hit - there is *one* business card in the downloadable clipart, it's in the "Example Templates (download)" folder and I have attached the .xar to this message. It is set in centimetres and is 8.5 x 5.5 cm with a 0.3 cm bleed as you wanted. You can change to millimetres under Utilities -> Options and then the Units tab, which displays the screen that Sledger posted earlier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bp.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	59732  
    Attached Files Attached Files