Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Goto, Jump to page, etc..

I'm new to Web Designer. I'm creating a new site that has 30+ pages. While editing, how do jump to a specific page. Surely I don't have scroll down and find it - or do I?

Also, when I export to my local harddrive it automatically names all the images as 1.png, 2. png, etc… I plan to create multiple .web files for various subjects matters. Is there a way to force the naming of these files to match the .web file name (ie. Subject1-1.png, Subject1-2.png, etc…) so they don’t conflict?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks,

Phil

Default Re: Goto, Jump to page, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by PhilN View Post
    Is there a way to force the naming of these files to match the .web file name (ie. Subject1-1.png, Subject1-2.png, etc…) so they don’t conflict?
    They can not conflict because they are stored in the unique folder. When you export different web files, they have different folders with images.
    John.

Thanks John,
    Yes I do see that. Unfortunately my site provider does not supply ftp access and places all uploaded files in one subdirectory called /files/ .
    I know, I know - then get a different site provider!

I’m a Realtor and the site provider supplies many critical tools and options that I need for my business.
    So I’m hoping to get around their limitations.

Well, WD creates a folder on export and puts a lot of files there - scripts, style sheets, images, flash etc. It's not easy to relocate them. You would need to open html and replace all occurrences of this path. And so for every exported page. As you'll probably do it with auto replace in some text editor, you may rename it to new names as you suggest in first post. Then you can batch rename all the files...
    John.

Ouch!!! I was afraid of that. That will be very painful, especially if I have to do it every time I make a small change to (one of 30) pages.

PhilN

Covoxer,
    I read his post and I would also like to know if there is a way to jump to a specific page within XWD, instead of scrolling to it everytime?

Thank you for all of your support...
    RaZzLE

Bottom right of the WD application screen there are page nav arrows.
    A single click takes you up or down a page.
    I realise this won't let you got from page 1 to page 10 in one step, but it's a little quicker than pulling the scrollbar down (or spinning the mouse wheel)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sledger,

Thanks for that, because I never even knew that was there. I was using scroll wheel and bar...

Thank you...
    RaZzLE

Hey Sledger,
    Thanks for the last tidbit.

Do you know of a way to change the image-file naming standard to include the page name. i.e. Page1-image1.png, Page1-image2.png, Page1-image3.png etc...

Thanks again,
    PhilN

Sorry Phil, that is an internal function which only Xara devs could change.