Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool publishing to wrong folder

I am publishing to my site, in a sub folder.
    www.valswebdesign.com/trial2
    instead of WD sending the site to the trial2 sub folder on the server, it made a new folder in trial2 folder and called it home_htm files. Anyone know why. home.htm is what I names the home page.
    Val

Default Re: publishing

The home_html_files is where all of the images and other stuff for the site goes. It keeps the root folder clean, which then typically has only/mostly the html pages. The rest is neatly tucked away.

But I directed it to go into a sub folder called trial2. Not to make itself another folder inside of that folder. do I have to open that folder and extract the files to make it show up on the web?
    Thanks
    V

The site you are seeing there now is not the site I just published.

If you have a home page called 'home', XWD will create home.htm for the page html and a subdirectory called home_htm, into which it will put any files associated with your html - images, javascript, whatever.

If you tell it to publish to directory X, you will get X/home.htm and X/home_htm/* .

This is the way that XWD works. To transfer to another server you need to copy the home.htm file plus home_htm directory and contents.

It's the way the software works, whether or not you instructed it to work that way or not!

Paul