Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Improve Tracker input box.

Could the Tracker input box (under Page and Website dialogs) be larger and accept carriage returns. I appreciate it is mainly for dropping precreated snippets in from another source but there are instances when I would want to edit code directly in it.

Default Re: Improve Tracker input box.

Use Ctrl+Enter to place carriage returns into the text. This is fairly standard in many applications that use the Enter key to exit an input box.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the tip, can't say I've come across Ctrl-Enter for carriage returns before though... live and learn!

I'd like to see the Tracker box ther same as the 'replace with HTML code' box under the placeholder tab - this is larger, accepts plain Enter as a carriage return and has a scroll bar.

Sorry, one other thing about your comment that "This is fairly standard in many applications that use the Enter key to exit an input box". That may be true but 'Enter' doesn't exit the Tracker code input box.

Thanks for pointing that out. I had not used the Tracker code entry box until reading your question.

The box ignores the Enter key but accepts the Ctrl+Enter combination. I simply tried Shift+Enter which didn't work then Ctrl+Enter which did.

Sometimes it is trial and error to find which combination works to get the carrage return and line feed into the text. Some programs require Alt+Enter.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update