Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up Re: [tweak] Photo popup tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    Open attached .web file and preview.
    Great! Especially your comments to images!
    John.

Default Re: [tweak] Photo popup tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanna View Post
    I get this message when using the tweak.
    Most likely you had removed one of the objects from the settings layer. They all have names applied. If you delete the object and don't apply it's name to any other one, you'll get this error (java script can't find the object it needs).
    I suppose you were trying to replace close button design but didn't apply a correct name to it (as described in the tweak).
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    But, how to remove the border entirely? (just leave the image.)
    And, how to enlarge the lower part of the border to accommodate more (alt) text?
    Or, alternatively, how to apply a rgadient fill to it, right?
    I believe you questions are rhetorical, aren't they? If it was possible to change with this tweak you wouldn't ask it.
    I may think about adding some other settings, but I'll never add all the possibilities simply because they are too numerous. Some of them may also be harder to implement (like your second suggestion).
    Also, I find that completely removing background (your first suggestion) is not a good idea since the image may blend with page design and the description text will be rendered over unpredictable graphics which is bad. So it's not practically useful option anyway.
    John.

I get the message, (above image) when I click on the image to enlarge it in both John's original and on Ross' modified file. I have not touched either file!
    I use IE7.
    I am not worried about it just reporting in. Probably my end.
    Rupert

Ok, thank you Rupert. I'll try to find out what it may be.
    Is you screenshot made with Ross' file?
    Does the message look exactly the same with my file (the "Line: 50" part)?
    Do you have the latest version of the XWD (5.0.1 - I think you do, but have to ask just to be sure)?
    Thank you.
    John.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

John - I attach a screenshot of an annotated mock up. It shows a couple alternate popup gallery features I think would be a useful alternate tweak. I hope you will give the ideas some consideration.

Note the idea that the position of the gallery popup be fixed relative to the page rather than centered in the browser window. This would allow a more wysiwyg design approach and would keep captions from spilling off the page.

Note the idea of no coloured border (frame) around the photo but instead a modest drop shadow effect. I understand a feathered or transparent shadow likely isn't possible. I think the mock up shows that even a simple solid colour rectangle as a shadow is reasonably effective in adding some punch.

Regards, Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wish-covoxergallerycode.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	59640  

John,
    I apoligise, I said I was using IE7 but in fact using 6.1, this maybe the problem.
    Yes, the same message appears when I download your file and run it, clicking on the image to enlarge it.
    Rupert

Fabulous addition to the tweak set...

A couple of questions..

1. Can this be added to the tweakset so it appears in the design gallery tweaks?

2. If I use this tweak now will it potentially make any difference to operability with future XWD updates etc?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by harrismail View Post
    1. Can this be added to the tweakset so it appears in the design gallery tweaks?
    Yes, I was thinking about adding it to the tweakset but two things stopped me. First - I was also working on much more powerfull solution (using skins), second I'm a bit busy so I hadn't finished it yet.
    2. If I use this tweak now will it potentially make any difference to operability with future XWD updates etc?
    Yes, it may become incompatible with future WD versions. But, if it will, I'll provide a compatible replacement code. Same is true for all other tweaks. We already had this happened when 5.0.1 was released.
    John.

You're a star !

Steve