Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Two small bugs

Bug Two small bugs

Hi I am experiencing two issues that whilst not major could do with resolution.

The first I have already posted, and that is when I drag an image to import it (after having set up a right-clock copyof an existing graphic) all the images that have previously been right-click copied change to the new dragged image.

The second is in text boxes, in a recent demonstration I was aked to change the colour of some text in a paragraph. The colour changes ok in XWD but unfortunately the changed colour is lost when it is published (a bit embarrassing) I subsequentially discovered that font changes do publish OK so somehow the html is not getting through.

Kind regards

Martin

PS I think that the program is fabulous - much less strain than Dreamweaver!
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 16 April 2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Add bug post icon

Default Re: Two small bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Riftvalley View Post
    Hi I am experiencing two issues that whilst not major could do with resolution.

The first I have already posted, and that is when I drag an image to import it (after having set up a right-clock copyof an existing graphic) all the images that have previously been right-click copied change to the new dragged image.
    I thought this was answered?
    http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37718
    Personally I don't consider it a bug, rather that you have created 'repeating objects' - so I would expect this to happen until an object is made unique.

The second is in text boxes, in a recent demonstration I was aked to change the colour of some text in a paragraph. The colour changes ok in XWD but unfortunately the changed colour is lost when it is published
    Do you have an example .web please?
    I have no such problems when testing this.

Luke Hart from Xara has answered your first question here:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...61&postcount=8

The ctrl+shift does work when dragging in photos, personally I would have preferred that the program worked in the same way as XE.

As for the second issue it is very strange, when I did the exercise in front of an audience the change in font colour did not show up in either the preview or the web page - I checked that I had changed the fill colour. When I tried it again this morning still the same problem, however, now it seems to work OK.

I actually had the XWD window on the screen with coloured font and the loaded web page and preview page showing that the colour did not come through.

Martin

The ctrl+shift does work when dragging in photos, personally I would have preferred that the program worked in the same way as XE.
    Yes, I understand. But it is not a bug as stated in the post title.
    John.

What is XE???

Xara Xtreme is usually XX or XXP for the Pro version.

Personally I think typing out the entire name rather than personal acronyms is best.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Soquili,

Actually, I am acronym dyslexic, so in future all names will be in full.

M

Quote Originally Posted by riftvalley View Post
    so in future all names will be in full.

m
    i