Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Text link colours

I started using the Serenity theme from the gallery- it has buttons with white text on them as the "mouse off" behaviour. I like the way it looks but I would also like to add some text links in my text on the page. The page text is in black, but if I add a link to a word the word changes to white. I added buttons in the text, but I did not like the way that looked:-(. Is there any way to change the mouse off behaviour for just specific text?

Thanks
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Default Re: Text link colours

Grace,

Right click on your page and select Web Properties, then select the Website tab.. You can change the way the text links look..

P.S.
    I opened the same them in XWD and the default links are black with blue roll over. Did you change something already and forget or something?

Hope this helps you...
    RaZzLE

The theme sets the behaviour to "mouse off white". I want that to stay that way, but I also want a link that does not obey those rules.
    Grace
    Xara Software XDP11

All links will obey the default.css rules.
    But, there is a way: unique styles and classes for each link set within each page..
    Check out the two attached .web files, preview them in WD and look at the placeholder code.

Thanks, I am off to bed - I will look tomorrow.
    Grace
    Xara Software XDP11

Grace,

I guess i'm not sure what you are saying, but I have posted this video for you to show you what I think your meaning.. If i am incorrect please lt me know so we can go another route in getting your problem fixed....

Hope this helps you..

RaZzLE

Razzie, that's a global change to the link (mouse on / mouse off / visited) colours. Grace wants to create links with various non-global colours.

As shown, it can be done with CSS in a placeholder.

Otherwise you may need to use image mouse-overs.

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    Is there any way to change the mouse off behaviour for just specific text?
    Select text, open web properties dialog (Ctrl+Shift+W), go to "Link" tab, uncheck "Use common website link colours" and click Apply button.
    John.

John yes, I can see how you can turn off the common website colours (which results in THAT link remaining the same single colour), but I can't see how this allows you to use various colours for each link on the same page.
    So link 1 can use web default, link 2 can use three other colours and link 3 can use another three colours.

Steve, I know you know, but does Grace know?
    John.