Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PSP X2 ult ignoring exposure compensation when opening images.

Hi

I'm evaluating X2 ultimate and waiting for my boxed copy from amazon.

Meanwhile I have an issue with the way in which pspx2 displays my pictures.

If I take a series of shots with different exposure compensation values, X2 levels them all out. IOW, all of the pictures look the same. If I look at the pictures in Windows explorer, they are represented correctly, ie the pictures are progressively darker. The files are NEF from a Nikon D40.

Also this happens in the organiser pain. It also happens if I let PSP transfer the images to my PC itself.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks

Kevin
    IP

Default Re: PSP X2 ult ignoring exposure compensation when opening images.

The way PSP handles camera raw leaves a lot to be desired. What Psp does is convert (at Default setting) then expects you to make the changes on the converted image. The benefit of Camera raw is that The output from the raw can be controlled (exposure colour etc Prior to the conversion.
    I would Use you Nikon software to do the process then use PSP for further Enhancement and Noise removal as For the later the tool although dating back to PSP 9 and JASC days Is still one of the best available and the Chromatic aberration remover Is Up there with it For a PDF on the digital Noise removal Written by its Creator www.trevorbowden.co.uk\DCNR.pdf
    IP