Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs up Selecting Hair in Photoshop - 6 Video Tutorials

I just wrote a post entitled Selecting Hair in Photoshop that shows many different ways to select someone's hair, jacket fur, or an animal's fur so that you can move them to another image, change hair color etc. Some of the concepts demonstrated are:

* Creating masks from the channels in your image
    * Employing levels adjustments to help create contrast between the hair and background
    * Working with the Refine Edge tool to reduce artifacts in your selection
    * Use LAB color to assist in selecting hair against complex backgrounds
    * Selecting hair & people with the Extract tool

There are six videos with over an hour's worth of content. They should get you started on the many different methods Photoshop offers to help with this complex task. Hopefully you find them useful!

If there are any other tutorials you'd like to see, please reply here, make a post on my blog, or send me a PM and I'll do what I can to get something written up. Thanks!
    IP

Default Re: Selecting Hair in Photoshop - 6 Video Tutorials

I have not watched them yet but will do soon. Just want to say thanks, nice when what takes a lot of time and effort is given generously to all.
    IP

Default Re: Selecting Hair in Photoshop - 6 Video Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
    I have not watched them yet but will do soon. Just want to say thanks, nice when what takes a lot of time and effort is given generously to all.
    You're very welcome! I don't know enough about Photoshop to create tutorials, but I definitely don't mind promoting the good ones out there (there's so much garbage to wade through). Eventually, I'll probably start making my own.

If you or anyone else has any suggestions for what they'd like to learn about next, please let me know and I'll try to write up a post soon. Thanks!
    IP