Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: svn 1785

Default svn 1785

Just checked this out - did not compile. Nothing unusual in that of course, but I
    Don't see how to set it up in Kdevelop so that I can do something about fixing it.

*** glibc detected *** /opt/xaralx/bin/xaralx: free(): invalid pointer: 0x0a9432
    70 ***
    This happens on an attempt to export something as a .jpg. Somebody's destructor code
    not working perhaps?

Anybody know how toget a checkout into Kdevelop? or for that matter, if Kdevelop wasn't used to make the project what was?

I've already go a binary vers of XaraLX which is OK as far as it goes, but (?perhaps deliberately?) none of the exporting/printig functions work....

Again no surprises there. I do have an old windows vers. of XarA (having originally had Artworks on the RiscPC) and I CAN VNC onto a box running that if need be but a 'full version' on linux would be nice.
    IP

Default Re: svn 1785

Hello Sedric,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Have your read the pre-requisites at XaraXtreme.org? http://www.xaraxtreme.org/Developers...tructions.html

That page was last updated 12 August 2006.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hi rjpSedric. If you're gonna fix some bugs in XaraLx tell me where to send money for beer or soda
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hello Sedric,
    Welcome to Talkgraphics.
    TA.
    Have your read the pre-requisites at XaraXtreme.org?
    Yup.
    That page was last updated 12 August 2006.
    So it was.

the ./configure worked no reported errors

make failed like this......... after a load of warnings
    about various c++ transgressions.

'bitmapgriddropdown.cpp' || echo './'`bitmapgriddropdown.cpp
    bitmapgriddropdown.cpp: In member function ‘wxBitmap* CBGDDCachedItem::GetWxBitmap(wxSize) const’:
    bitmapgriddropdown.cpp:299: error: ‘find_if’ was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [libwxOil_a-bitmapgriddropdown.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dvt/xara/wxOil'
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dvt/xara/wxOil'

had a look around the codebase - no trace of find_if

rjp@pctop:/home/dvt/xara> grep -r find_if */*.h
    rjp@pctop:/home/dvt/xara> grep -r find_if */*.c
    rjp@pctop:/home/dvt/xara> grep -r find_if */*.cpp
    wxOil/bitmapgriddropdown.cpp: TDCacheCollection::const_iterator citFound = find_if(m_colCache.begin(), m_colCache.end(),

Looks like find_if ain't there... only instance is in the code that failed..

Seen this sort of thing before when trying to get a valid build for KDE - but in this case
    evidently no activity (svn log) for a looonnng time.

It may be that the development has moved off elsewhere and what I am looking
    at is just an abandoned residue. If so, 'tis better if I know that now without
    having to waste any further time on it.

Obviously, unless I restore the original development environment
    (I'm guessing that that was Kdevelop). I'm not going to get too far.
    At the moment, I'm trying to
    persuade Kdevelop to 'adopt' this project, but so far less than
    successfully..
    IP

Sedric the page I referenced shows that GCC/G++ are required to compile XaraLX. KDevelop needs to be configured to compile GCC/G++ source.

See the references in the google search http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gcc&as_q=kdevelop

Very few Linux developers ever visited these forums. The members of Talkgraphics are mostly users of graphics software rather than developers.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Try posting in the dev mailinglist. The ppl at xara (used to be atleast) are very helpful.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by con View Post
    Try posting in the dev mailinglist. The ppl at xara (used to be atleast) are very helpful.
    Right TA. I'll do that now that it seems that there are no linux developers here.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Sedric the page I referenced shows that GCC/G++ are required to compile XaraLX. KDevelop needs to be configured to compile GCC/G++ source.
    See the references in the google search http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gcc&as_q=kdevelop
    Very few Linux developers ever visited these forums. The members of Talkgraphics are mostly users of graphics software rather than developers.
    I did get as far as the gcc/g++ deduction. (A look at the checkout full of .cpp source files vaguely hints at that...). The make did run for quite a few steps before it
    barfed on the file shown. Since the steps in the make before this one succeeded,
    one can reasonably infer that gcc/g++ are present and working.

What I wanted to know is how, given a checkout from some
    project [probably originally generated by] Kdevelop one goes about re-introducing
    this project into Kdevelop so as to continue working on it..

It has been suggested that I try the dev maillist - so I may do that, next time I've
    got a hour to spare.
    IP