Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Stretching buttons disappear

Razzle0146: Thanks for fixing the file, I am grateful for all the work you did but did not expect it, that was generous of you to spend your time helping me out. This site is so awesome and has some awesome people involved in it. I found that the text on page 1 runs off the page in the preview website option, but when I view the regular page the text doesn't do this. Can this be caused when you create a text box, instead of clicking and dragging just to the page width?

Also, I noticed that the pages are shortened more than when I had created them originally (at least as I remember them), was this also a cause for some of my problems? I just downloaded the pages the size that they were in the program and moved some of the headers around and replaced others.

Also, how can you see ANY details about problems from the Layers gallery? I just get 5 items in the gallery that you open from the top menus and they don't show any more detail than turning option on and off? Is there another option for the layers gallery? Do I have to click on an object to get more details? I am used to the Layers gallery in CorelDRAW, that shows everything. Please don't think that I am griping in this post at all, I am just posting some questions to learn more about how to figure things out when they go wrong.

Thanks so much again for your help and explanations, now I have to create more examples to fill up the pages with before I export to the web. I am just trying to get started in graphics/ design work in my spare time and without any formal training it is a little hit and miss at times.

Regards,
    Chuck

Default Re: Stretching buttons disappear

Chuck,

Your welcome on the help, sory again for doing all the work, but I thought that is what you wanted and then th results. I will remember next time to just post the results and leave the unedited file alone.

As for your questions,
    #1 If you create text on a page and then later go back and resize the text, it will cause you problems, usually by running off the page. You can create a restrained textbox on the page and type the text within that box and it will not run off the page any longer. You can get help on this feature, by going into XWD help and typing in text box.

#2 I have no idea on the page lengths, as I did not change them at all. I downloaded your .web file and just made the changes, but that did not involve changing the page lengths at all.

#3 To get details from objects, you just right click on them and select web properties from the menu. I believe that is all you need. The layers are just relevant by names, like I stated earlier, XWD has certai names reserved for the program and how it reactes to objects on those layers, like MouseOff, MouseOver, MouseDown are resered nmes in XWD and havebuilt in functions. If you create a layer called layer1, and you place content on that layer, the only thing you will see directly is if you uncheck the edit check mark, then you will not be able to edit the content on that layer, if you uncheck the visible check mark, then you will notice that the content on that layer disappears. You would have to create seperate layers if you want the content to act in different ways, like the popup menus. You ould create a layer called popup1 and place an image or some other content on that layer, then from a button or some other content, you could select web propertie and navigateto the mouseover tab and select the popuplayer that you just created. After that is done you can preview your page and put your mouse over the initial content and then you would see the popup1 layer appear.

When I was editing your intial file, I just noticed that youhad several layers that was not needed to function properly. With all those layers and content placed all over on those lyers, it is very easy to become lost and thats why I tried explaining in my post about layers. It is best to create only layers that you need and to specifically name them, so you know whats what and what went where. I hope this explains it a little better, if not, just say so and I will try to redefine it for you.

I hope this helps... If you need anything else, just ask, I don't mind at all explaining what I have learned from the great people here on TG...
    RaZzLE