Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding Buttons & pages to site

I have put pages on my site ok with extra buttons.
    When I add text to a button and Link to a page it works but the text of the button becomes blue and underlined. What am I doing wrong?
    Padito

Default Re: Adding Buttons & pages to site

Hi Padito,

This is probably because you're hyperlinking the text. If you group the button with the text your problem should be solved (but check if the link is still there, I'm not sure of how that works).

Good luck,

Thanks Sandra I linked the button and then added the text which solved the problem.
    Padito

You can also eliminate this issue by selecting the text link and going to the wen properties and clearing the box that says "use website defaults" or similar near the bottom of the dialog. This will prevent the link from trying to style links for regular, hover, and visited.

Xara folks: is there a way to make the box be cleared as the default, as in my case I have never wanted any of my links to follow this idea, and I've always got to remember to clear this box or just not link text...a reg tweak or something?

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post
    Xara folks: is there a way to make the box be cleared as the default
    Yes there is.

Open a new blank document, clear the web colours then go to:

File>>Save Template
    Give it a name like 'cleared link colours.xar' and save.

If you want this to be your default web designer template, put a tick in the box 'Use as default template' - before saving the template.
    Attached Files Attached Files

There is a very simple way to prevent this.

Your text and your button should be a group (select the text and the button and Arrange > Group or press Ctrl g). Web Designer will make the button and the text a single bitmap object. Currently, the text is HTML text that is over the button graphic.

Gary: I actually like the text on the mouseoff layer to stay as text, so grouping there isn't the best option for me - though grouped, the mouseovers look more natural.

Sledger: I will save a "template" like this, though setting this once per site isn't really a big deal - but it seems that any new objects I create have the "use default colors" thing checked on the Link tab, and it doesn't matter if I have the colors set to "none" for all three fields and the underline turned off on the website tab, the only thing that REALLY gets rid of the issue is clearing that checkbox. Like I said, I rarely if ever will want my links to follow these colors, so I'd like objects to be created with that checkbox cleared if that's possible, rather than having to set it for every text link on the pages.