Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Comments on "About Xara Web Designer"

Quote Originally Posted by netsi View Post
    Just got an idea: Why not make a new forum called something like:
    Xara Web Designer - "under the hood"
    To make a separate forum it has to be populated enough. For the beginning you can create a thread and it will show if it's worth a separate forum.
    John.

I have used Xara products for a few years now, with graphics from Webstyle 4.
    After experimenting with Xara Web Designer, I was vey impressed until I viewed the source code and the second line down <!-- saved from url=(0020)http://www.xara.com/ --> appeared.
    I tried Place Holder to add extra code and it seems limited.
    Looking at other owners websites created with XWD all have the same line of code.

Cannot see the reason for this line of code as it is covered by <meta name="Generator" content="Xara HTML filter v.2.1.0.665"/>

Is there anyway of removing that line "saved from" code.

Xara Web Designer is a great programme and with some idividual HTML control and HTML improvements it would be much better.

Covoxer's response:
    This line is a "Mark Of The Web". It tells Internet Explorer that this page belongs to the Internet security zone so it doesnt' ask you to run scripts when you open it locally.
    The domain used in this line makes no difference so we use one that we can be responsible for.
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 12 April 2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: To add in Covoxer's response to the original posting

Perhaps.... XWD should have been released as XWD 1.0 instead of 5.0! It is unfair to expect a fledging application to come out of the blocks as a world beater. I think that it will develop into something quite special but not in its first incarnation by version 5.0! Web design is no longer a black art, if a multinational company wants a website, they'll expect to pay thousands of $'s and their designer not liable to rely on XWD. For the majority of sites, most of what's required can be achieved in XWD... that is its target market. A couple of weeks ago, a colleague proudly showed off his new Dreamy website... there was nothing that could not have been achieved in XWD. It's almost snob value... you do not need to go shopping in a Rolls Royce when a Mini will do... particularly in the mini is a Mini Cooper! (UK users will get that one!)
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Quote Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, a colleague proudly showed off his new Dreamy website... there was nothing that could not have been achieved in XWD.
    So, do it by yourself and show us your results in the "Show us your sites!" thread...

I would like to see really interesting or innovative layouts in this thread.

Remi