Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Comments on "About Xara Web Designer"

I feel I need to comment on a statment made by “sledger” about the nature of Xara Web Designer (XWD). Sledger (on behalf of the Xara Team) comes with various statements which I have commented here.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 April 2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Re instated since changes have been made
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Comments on "About Xara Web Designer"

Quote Originally Posted by netsi View Post
    Sledger (on behalf of the Xara Team) ...
    The Talkgraphics moderators aren't representatives of Xara. We are Xara users like you. We try to serve the community of users as best we can and we do so without any remuneration from Xara. Sledger, like any moderator, does not write "on behalf of the Xara Team".

Regards, Ross (Moderator)

Hi Sten,
    I'm afraid you have made a big mistake..

To coincide with the release of Xara Web Designer, Xara asked that I create the new Web Designer forum at TalkGraphics.
    All of the content of the opening sticky thread was provided by Xara which, as you can see, is signed: -The Xara Team, Not 'On Behalf of the Xara Team'

In other words, the 'About Xara Web Designer' opening thread was not written by myself at all.

I must therefore ask that you remove your comments about 'it' being my statement and, as Google has already indexed your site, correct your error quickly.

In future, it would be best to contact either myself, another moderator or Xara themselves before using and commenting on material published at TalkGraphics.com for your own website purposes. It is polite and the right thing to do.

Finally, why did you not bring your 'comments' to TG for discussion instead of directing people to your own website?
    It's what TalkGraphics.com, your membership and the Web Designer forum is for, surely?

Many thanks
    Steve (sledger)
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 April 2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Finally, why did you not bring your 'comments' to TG for discussion instead of directing people to your own website?
    I bet he's afraid of being moderated here.
    John.

Sten, I would like to comment your last, and only constructive paragraph in your article, called "Finally: Lets make it even better!".

Your idea to extensively use WD is not new, as I have heard it from quite a few other TG members. So, if you want to organize a volunteer developers team, the best place to do it is TG.
    I suggest you create a thread where you put out your ideas, share them with community, and who knows, perhaps it will result in something useful.

Also as a part of Xara team I feel not very pleased hearing this:
    But I hope that this article have been inspirational to the xara-team and others who have read it!.
    Are you trying to imply that xara-team is uninspired with WD? Well, sure you have a right for your opinion, but after all the tweaks and improvements we made shortly after the first release of the product, this works in reverse - reading such things I'm a one step from regretting that I actually did all this.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Are you trying to imply that xara-team is uninspired with WD?
    No, guess my poor english made it come out wrong.

In general getting 2nd opponions on a thing is inspiring, so I was hoping that my comment would somehow inspire you to see new sides of XWD
    Cheers,

Sten

Unhappy Re: Comments on "About Xara Web Designer"

Okay, it happend - I was moderated. I feel sad and let down. What is this if not an open forum?
    Cheers,

Sten

reading such things I'm a one step from regretting that I actually did all this.
    John, you can be asured that 99% of the users here are more than happy with your effort developing solutions and tweaks for every task or problem coming up.

PLEASE keep up your great work - your posts (and of course those of a few others here) have already helped me a lot! Thank you.

Sten,
    Would you please remove my name from your BLOG article as requested.
    Striking out is not enough.

Most people would offer an apology for such a mistake, everyone makes them from time to time, but it appears that you don't think that you have even made one?

I was moderated. I feel sad and let down. What is this if not an open forum?
    Let down? Why.. What promises have been made to you?
    Open Forum: What does this mean to you? That you can say anything you like, even if it's completely erroneous?

@John (Covoxer)
    Please take any disparaging remarks (made by anyone at TG) regarding your work, your unfailing help or any similar comments about the Xara team as a whole, with a large grain of salt.
    You and your efforts are greatly appreciated and admired here. That's fact.

Edit: Sten I appreciate your subsequent recent changes to your blog article, however I still request that you remove my name - thanks
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 April 2009 at 10:15 PM. Reason: dilute

Smile Re: Comments on "About Xara Web Designer"

I bet he's afraid of being moderated here.
    I would never expect to be moderated while giving my points of view! The reason is that I like to have a BLOG where I collect my own articles.
    Cheers,

Sten