Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Comments on "About Xara Web Designer"

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Remember how header placeholders were added after WD release as a response to the users request? How does it fit your interpretation of this phrase?
    Perfect! I commented in the hope to make this product even better, and as you correctly mentioned I probertly got some of the statements wrong

But think about it - are the "serious websites" majority of the web? I don't think you believe it.
    Well, I have previously used Xara Extreme Pro for producing serious websites and am hoping to start using XWD to do things like muck-up of websites too - also for serious web-sites.

So, Stan, you simply got a bit incorrectly the meaning of the article that you quote. It doesn't actually oppose most things you say.
    Thanks, maybe I should try to pratice my poor english so I do not repeat this...
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Question Re: Comments on "About Xara Web Designer"

Just got an idea: Why not make a new forum called something like:
    Xara Web Designer - "under the hood"

A forum where the technical (HTML/CSS/Javascript and other web-technical elements) can be discussed. For instance:
    1. How do we make the output from XWD more jQuery (and other javascript API) friendly?
    2. Avoiding inline style and using CSS classes.. what would be perfect?
    3. Adding a standard which will allow for easy integration with web based content in websites generated by XWD. In a manner simular to the plug-in of Xara Extreme Pro.
    Such issues which are focused on the "other" part of any website: The "under the hood" part, and not the design/layout part.

What do you think?
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Hi Sten,

I think John (covoxer) is on the way to develop such things.

See post #44 in this thread and John's answer:

It's not a fight against standards, it's management of development resources. Any feature that is useful and is not present is a potential feature to implement. But there are a lot of them, and development resources are limited. So the question here is not do it or not, but what to do first. That's all.
    Regards,
    Remi

Quote Originally Posted by netsi View Post
    Just got an idea: Why not make a new forum called something like:
    Xara Web Designer - "under the hood"
    To make a separate forum it has to be populated enough. For the beginning you can create a thread and it will show if it's worth a separate forum.
    John.