Quote Originally Posted by netsi View Post
Dear Boy - and other who think that I hate XWD - please understand that I was and am happy to see XWD on the market!

I have tried to say it in my blog, but obviously not had too much success with it: I only want future XWD to be more aware toward the stuff under the hood. As I also said before: A perfect website comes out of a perfect
cooperation of "both sides": The design and the logic on a website.
Sten, I know there are many web designers that want to see "under the hood". I think there are a multitude of programs out there that provide that functionality. What Xara is providing is an afforadable solution to those of us who want good web sites, easy design, but cannot afford programs like Dreamweaver. I don't do complicated websites. My sites are for games I play (LOTRO, Warhammer, etc.) and a family one. I learned to make pages in a text editor, and never could find an affordable program for design that was easy to use. I stuck with text, and kept my sites simple.

With WD, I am going to be able to make my sites much more dynamic and complicated. In fact, the ability to let WD generate the code is going to make my sites MORE interactive, not less.

So, I happen to disagree with your assesment. If I want to see the code, its easy enought to generate the site and open the files in a text editor.