Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
Where do I say that I think you hate XWD?
Hmm... I think that I was carried away by my emotions and wrote what I was feeling at the moment of writing. This comment of mine have awoken some strong feelings and at a time I felt that many people were indicating that I hated XWD... Sorry, Boy...

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
Or are you perhaps saying that XWD is becoming a bit like a modern car with EPS and all the other (under-the-hood) hi-tech electronic systems that give the driver more control over his car but, at the same time, make him less responsible for how he drives?
If XWD were to be categorized as a "modern car with EPS and other hi-tech electronic systems" then that would not be totally wrong. It lets you focus on driving it while enjoying the ride (the user interface gives you comfatable airconditioned ride). And it will get you safely to your goal: A website of your wish. It will use EPS and ABS if nessesary to prevent you from steering of the webstandard road.

I know that some very experienced drivers prefer to be 100% in controle, having no extra hi-tech help systems, things like ABS is in their opinion not a good thing, cause they can handle it manually based on their experience, but for the most of the drivers it is a good think I guess.

Back to XWD. I want this "car" to offer both the smooth ride, the high-tech help systems and the options to add extra functionality during the ride and add things which will let you drive to higher goals!

These extre features should be transparent in their way to integrate, meaning that you will not see them as extras once you have them "installed". Like the plug-in option in the sister product of XWD called Xara Extreme Pro - it will let you apply (adobe photoshop) many standard plug-in effects to vector/bitmap elements without leaving the product!

These extra features will add transparent integration with evolving web standard features like the many javascript effects based on jQuery (see examples: Sliders, Accordion) or any other dynamic content webparts.

So I hope you understand that I only wanted to comment on the current state of this great product, while addressing things which I see might be a side that could be extended to make this product even better!