Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Saving projects?

Hi all,
    I love Xara Xtreeme Pro 4. Its just a pleasure to work with. Most of all, I like the movie tutorials. The only thing I would like to see a tutorial about is saving my projects. I just never seem to know what file format to save it as. Anyone know of any online tutorials that explain a bit about how to save projects?

Right now I am trying to save a project I have for work so I can send it to the printing company, and they want 200 dpi, It is at 91 dpi now and when I change it to 200, it changes all the sizes. How do I get a higher dpi with the same precise height and width's?
    Thanks for your time,
    Mike

Default Re: Saving projects?

Hi

try making a bitmap copy, setting the copy dpi to 200dpi - it should be the same size physically

you can check this in the bitmap gallery

in the attached I actually made the copy of a 96dpi at 300dpi - but the important thing is the math - 800 divided by 96, and 2500 divided by 300, are the same size - so check yours accordingly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wlex.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	60988  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the reply. I have done that. But my problem is the company needs a .eps file format at 200 dpi.

Hello privateparts,

Is your image a pure vector image or does it include a bitmap(s)?

the question of EPS format is one that has been raised before - a search may bring up some info

as I recall, the usual advice is to ask the client if they will accept PDF instead

I have had limited success myself using 'XARA X EPS' export - which opens in photoshop, though it does not preserve alpha, trouble is the xtreme EPS filters have not been updated for a long time - as I understand it, PDF has taken over..

there is no guarantee the EPS will work...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Interesting, The project is all vector exept one picture in the background is jpg.