Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Auto Page Sizing

Perhaps a "paste unformatted text" function would be useful; available through a key-combo or toggle-icon in the Text Info Bar?

In another post, I had an issue with text not being searchable when published and being rendered as a graphic. Could both of these issues be an indication of a "text bug"?

I'm following it. Just was wondering why it looked right in the working copy. Even to the point of resizing and everything until you publish. Or view it in the web browser.

You'd think we could fix that in a wysiwyg type of program. That was my concern. I to thank you all for your input and maybe that is something that in the future can be fixed so we truely have a wysiwyg program.
    Mrs. Debbie Hicks
    Ret AF, AD2H

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Yes Debbie it seems there are a few things you can do in the Xara-WD window that won't translate over to the web browser. Unlocking the aspect ratio (by default it is locked) and non-propotionally reshaping the text can be done in WD but not be carried over into the published site. I think it makes some sense that it doesn't work (as how would a browser used to displaying standard text ever be able to cope with text you or I squeezed or stretched). At issue is that Xara-WD lets us do that unsupported manipulation and at least a warning at the appropriate time as suggested above by myself could help.

The suggestion from John Clements about making it easier to fix is a good too one in my opinion. I note however that the program already gives you the option to paste rich text from the clipboard as either rich or simple text. (In fact the paste is smart enough to know it doesn't need to ask if the text is already simple text).

Regards, Ross