Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do i make my own Webpage Templates?

First of all does anny 1 know where to get more webpage templates for Web Designer? second of all how do i create my own? i have Xtreeme Pro 4 and i have tried to export my own bars to the template folder in Webdesigner but they wont work properly nomather if i use .web .xar or .wix? im stuck! some kind soul help me out there plz.. ;o)

Default Re: How do i make my own Webpage Templates?

You can create your own templates directly in Web Designer. There is no need to involve other application software. (Granted, if you want stretchy elements, then you'll have to use Xtreme.)

"Templates" can be
    • Single elements, like headers, text panels, navbars, buttons, etc.
    • Page layouts
    • Whole website frameworks

Read through, and become familiar with the information presented at Xara Web Designer Help > Galleries (particularly the small section called, "Adding to a gallery").

Default Re: Navbar templates for Xara Webdesigner?

Hi Lamsong

The other day I installed Web Designer on my computer and attempted to do the same thing. What I found is the best way to learn how to do this is to copy one of the preformated forms from the design gallery back into xtreme and then break it apart there. Note that there is a lot of use of the name gallery involved.

I hope this helps you on your quest.

1. Well i wanted more webpage frameworks if thats what its called...sure i can make my own frameworks ..but the question was if someone knew where i could get some...

2. U say i can make navbars in Web designer? where is the controll bar for this? the "Button and Navbar tool" wich is in Xtreeme is not in Webdesigner and i cant find annything like it...ex: mouseoverstate mouse click state etc...all i have found is a pop up option in web properties...

3. To get along with my webpage i then thought i could make my navbar in Xtreeme and then export it for Webdesigner as a navbartemplate but nomather wich fileformat i choose its not working as a template...... hope that explains my problem more in detail... thax for responding though ;O)

This is an xtreme 4 template called monotone, reworked thru web designer. Is this what you're talking about?
    www.min7th.com/diamonds

Wow. I thought they took that tool out of Xtreme completely. *in best Homer Simpson voice* And here I've been spacing out my buttons by hand, like a sucker...

Elementary my dear Watson, you simple open the xtreme 4 template in Web Designer and use only what you need. When you do that it also transfers the color scheme with it.

I forgot to add, some things do not transfer, however I don't know they are, but I haven't missed them.