Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Embedding SIMPLEVIEWER Flash Gallery

I've just tried it sledger and it works fine for me. I'm using FF. What steps did you take to get that?

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

http://www.visualarchitecture.com/ca.../Products.aspx

The above is an alternate link. Check out 'Publo' and note the sample sites from the menu.

And here's a direct link to a sample. http://www.visualarchitecture.com/ca...s/g4/index.htm

Nothing Ross.
    I click the SAMPLE OUTPUT+ (Publo Dox) on one page or (Publo) SAMPLE GALLERIES+ on another, nothing happens in any browser here.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Perhaps banned by the Australian thought police.

Dear Fellow Xara WD6 Users,

I recently purchased the Slideshowbox xml Flash Gallery from Jumpeye, and I am able to create some really stunning galleries with it. (only works with AS 3) I am trying to embedd the xml flash gallery into my xara site and so far it has not worked. i attempted to use the placeholder for my swf, but the accompanying xml file and image folders have no place to go and are not linking so the test publish goes haywire. I see that a SIMPLEVIEWER xml flash gallery has been added, so Im confident that mine will work. I just need to know how to go about embedding it. Any suggestions?

Regards

BPS

I'm not familiar with Jumpeye but I'm sure there's a way though I'm afraid without the flash gallery files to work with I can't help much.

Sledger,
    Thanks for getting back.

Im sure that any xml flash gallery would be the same to implement. How did you make your xml flash gallery work inside of XWD? Im confident that whatever worked for your xml gallery will work for mine. I just need to know how to place the xml file and image folders.

By the way, Jumpeye has it going on in the cool dept. they do offer a free version of there slideshowbox component. here is a link to their site
    http://www.jumpeyecomponents.com/. It does require having Flash Pro and it must be an AS3.0 swf.

What I have tried so far is putting the swf in a placeholder. that doesn't work because there is no way (that I have found yet) to get the xml and image folders into the document. I also tried exporting the site and then manually placing the xml file and image folders into the site folder. That didnt work. I was able to find a work around by importing to dreamweaver and then placing the xml/image folders, but it makes updating and expanding difficult.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
    BPS

Quote Originally Posted by bpsdesign@me.co View Post
    Im sure that any xml flash gallery would be the same to implement. How did you make your xml flash gallery work inside of XWD? Im confident that whatever worked for your xml gallery will work for mine. I just need to know how to place the xml file and image folders.
    No, not all actually, which I why I need to know more.

If I get some time I will look at the free version of Jumpeye. Thanks for the link.

OK, I had a look at the freebie.

Basically all you need to you use and edit is the <object block.
    You can place the *.xml in the root folder (with index.htm) and the *.swf with your images. Make sure you edit the <object params to reflect the location.

<object id="_slideshowBoxEmbed792292" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="images/SimpleGrid.swf" width="100%" height="100%">
    <param name="movie" value="images/SimpleGrid.swf">
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
    <param name="flashvars" value="source=sample.xml">
    </object>

See demo:

http://talkgraphics.magix.net/public...igner/jumpeye/

Files attached for you reverse engineering pleasure
    Attached Files Attached Files