Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what script should i copy?

new to websites... after i created a banner (non animated) how do i copy and pasted it if the website i'm trying to paste into does not have a "browse" your computer button. do i copy and paste the script and if yes where am i creating this script from or does xara create it automatic.

after i create a flash banner and export the flash to my desktop again how do i get the flash to work in to the website? does xara use macromedia or is there a way to change it to a different media player? i hope im not confusing everybody. where is this script? on my desktop in the folder xara creates.

after i up load the script it seems my flash is uploaded, but the only thing i see on the website is a blank area and an "X" in the upper left hand side. i think it is there but i have the wrong script???

is there any movies or tuts to get started on inserting flash/banners into websites.

advanced THANKS to all!

thanks, Frank

Default Re: what script should i copy?

Frank, firstly are you using Xara Web Designer?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, and xara extreme pro

Okay Frank,
    Open XWD and create a web page the required size.
    Create a rectangle that's going the match the size of your Flash banner
    With this still selected open Website Properties/Placeholder
    In Exported Website click ~ Replace with Flash
    Click Browse and locate your Flash Banner swf ~ Click Open
    Preview website and your swf banner should display.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks for the quick answers! and yes that did work! but the problem is i want to create a banner for somebody to insert on there webpage and the webite says copy and paste here so i copy the html and paste it in to the space provided but when i go to view the site the only thing i have is a white box and no flash. i can see it in the xara extreme browser and yes it does work fine. i just dont know what part or all of the html i have to insert??? do you think i have to convert any of the html? or when i go to view the html in xara it says to change the "something" to the exact file name? i'm very confused

They have to have the code AND the flash file on their server.
    In other words, you must upload the .swf flash file to the site that hosts the page where the code will be embedded.

The player code alone is not enough.

Please understand that this forum is for help with Xara Web Designer software and sites created with it.
    Support for other software or web builder sites is best sought from the respective vendors.

yes, i do understand and want to say thanks for your help. the question is for a flash file that i created in XWD that seems not to be working when it is exported. the short of the story is... the script that xara pro or xwd creates is all i should have to copy in order for it to work or do i have to change the file name in the script? still thanks again frank

the only thing i see on the website is a blank area and an "X" in the upper left hand side
    Normally this indicates that the file is missing.

the script that xara pro or xwd creates is all i should have to copy in order for it to work
    Which script are you talking about Frank?
    You say you have created the .swf in XWD ?
    I assume then that you have exported the .swf file to your HDD and then embedded the flash into your (other) html?
    There is no script at this stage, only a single .swf file (unless you embed the flash into a web designer document, which will then generate the script when you export to html)

In other words, how are you using the flash file which you created in XWD?

i hope this helps... so sorry for wasting any of your time...
    [B]this is what i keep seeing, it says to change "the SWF file name in the code to match the actual name of your exported SWF file."

Inserting your Flash animation into a web page

To view your animation as it would look in a web page, click the Preview Flash button to see a browser preview.

The preview page will show your finished animation as well as useful information, such as the animation's dimensions, file size, and estimated download times.

To place your SWF animation into a web page you will need to insert some HTML code. Click the View HTML link to get code that you can paste into your web page using your preferred HTML editor.

Note: You must change the SWF file name in the code to match the actual name of your exported SWF file. You must also place your SWF file into the same directory as your web page for the code to work. While you can place the SWF file in a different directory, you will need to change the HTML code accordingly if you do.

thanks again, frank

what is "html editor?" maybe this is where i need the help? i thought xara pro created the html?