Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repeat vs Update ???

I created a rectangle that appears on every page of the site. I assigned a placeholder to that rectagle to display a flash animation when the page is loaded.

Now, I need to change the flash animation .
    If I select the placeholder and modify the flash that was used by a new one and then select from the menu " Update reapeating objets" nothing seems to happen to the other pages.

If I select from the menu "Repeat on all pages" it works BUT I then have 2 rectangles , one over the other with different fash animation playing at the same time ...

Any suggestions ???

Thanks

Default Re: Repeat vs Update ???

Claudius, open the help files and under Index type "repeat". Follow the instructions there. Basically you need to give rectangle a name Repeating:whatevername you want.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, I say that in the help files. But I think that works only when you First create and give a name to that repeating rectangle.

In my case the rectangles where already there as placeholder on every pages.

Anyway, I deleted all the rectangles and followed the help file to recreate them.

A lesson learned. Next time i'll proceed in the right order.

Thanks

When I next get a minute I'll try to do a video about using the update and naming feature. It's something that's really easy to understand once you're familiar with it, but before that, it's really confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    Yes, I say that in the help files. But I think that works only when you First create and give a name to that repeating rectangle.

In my case the rectangles where already there as placeholder on every pages.

Anyway, I deleted all the rectangles and followed the help file to recreate them.

A lesson learned. Next time i'll proceed in the right order.

Thanks
    You could have gone through and named all the rectangles the same - that works.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11