Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: New to Xara Web Designer (some questions)

Well, only thing I can tell for sure is that this logo exported as PNG can not be used with DX AlphaImageLoader filter in this particular IE6 installation. It is not a general problem since all other PNG images on this page work well with this filter, and this image works well on other machines with IE6.
    I can't figure out more withoud directly working with your PC, which is impossible of course.
    John.

Lightbulb Re: New to Xara Web Designer (some questions)

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    I can't figure out more without directly working with your PC, which is impossible of course.
    Not impossible at all. Do a web search for "GoToMeeting".
    The software/site allows you to see each others PCs (with each users approval of course)
    and control the mouse & keyboard. You then simply talk to each other via a phone call or on-line mic/headphones.

This is how I get support for my CAD software.

There is a free trial period on offer if you want to have a go at "tech support"

No, this is not quite what I mean. It's not a question of support. I would need to run a debugger.
    John.

In any case, I'm quite enjoying debugging this problem although it seems I spoke too soon yesterday.... I realised this morning that making that 'JPEG' change didn't stopped the crashing, although it did reduce it (I now need about 20 mouseovers to make it crash, compared to 1-4 yesterday).

This morning I've been gradually removing elements from the page to see what's causing the problem and it seems as if there's something strange going on between the 'Creative Post Production' logo and the text that reads "AAF support for Indamixx and Ardour". If I remove BOTH of those objects from my project and re-export it, the crashing stops - but here's the strange thing; if I only remove one of the objects, that doesn't have any effect.

[Edit...] I guess the other question is whether this might have anything to do with the Internal Errors that I keep seeing whenever I start Xara WD? I wasn't able to get rid of them - even after disabling my security and re-installing Xara.
    Last edited by johne53; 10 April 2009 at 12:49 PM.

Hmmm.... here's the web site again. Notice that just below the top logos there's a purple bar. This used to start hard on the left-hand edge of the page - but shortening it slightly (so there's small a gap between it and the LH edge) also seems to have stopped the crashing. Does that make sense to anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by johne53 View Post
    Does that make sense to anyone??
    No. But this all looks like you have a problem with the alpha loader filter on that computer.
    John.