Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help with PHP - How to?

Hi, I'm trying to put a .php shopping cart into a webpage and I really can't figure out how to use .PHP in a placeholder. Is this possible? I'm not sure where to put the shopping cart files - what path to use. Both the Web Designer site and the shopping cart uses index.php and they seem to be conflicting with one another even though they are in different folders.

I have the index.php in a folder and within that folder is a folder with the files for the WD website files and also another folder named shop with the shop files and folders within that. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong and wondered if anyone knew how or if I can get this accomplished.

I put a pic of how I have the folders.

I hope this made sense.

Thanks,
    Ladybug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WD - Shop.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	58960  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Help with PHP - How to?

I thought I'd bump this one. Can anyone offer some assistance to the Ladybug?

Hi,
    Not, and I repeat not an expert but I have been trying to incorprate a forum pHP file within Wd and read through a Forum PHP file.
    Generally the forum>php file sets out the layout of the "TabLe" to hold the Graphics for header, the Names of the forums, etc, etc. and then loads content from the Database.
    so If the index.php file in your case would have to point to the "database" within the shop folder. It would take an understanding of PHP language and the Database stuff to remedy.
    Hope that makes sense?
    Is the Inde.php file one tou made in Web designer?
    If so try just putting a place holder where you want the Cart to appear with Iframe to hold the shopping cart.
    See what files are contained in the "shop" folder and scrutinize with Notepad.
    Jim
    Last edited by Scotty; 07 April 2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: clarification

The Index.php file for the website was all made in WD and the shop was made by another company - I'll just say CC. My son is a PHP programmer and he worked with it for quite some time last night (I don't think he went through the shopping cart files yet) and he seems to be confused as to why the files are conflicting with one another. He did mention that perhaps the paths within the shopping cart might be causing problems. That's what my concern was, the paths. We have a server which he is doing the testing on.

We'll keep plugging along on this. I hate the idea of having to put a bunch of paypal buttons in by hand if I can do it with a shopping cart. I'm sure there is a solution to this.

Hi,
    Ok if you son is programmer then it should just be a matter of time, as I said I am not repeat not a programmer, but I did try and make sense out of the files I was trying to implement into Web designer, but it was way over my head.
    Hope your son can sort it out for you.
    P.S I tried a feeble attempt..to explain where the error may be..
    jim

3dladybug,

If you up the files, I will get it working for you and re up them. I have a lot of experience with php and xwd, not saying i'm an expert, but I will help you get it up and running.

3dladybug,

From just reading yur initial post, I can tell you since both use index.php as their starting point, their directories are going to have to differ from each other, so they will quit crashing into one another. This can be accomplished with minimal effort. If you would like me to get it working for you, just let me know.

Thanks

If you would care to help me, I would be most grateful. I'm doing a test right now (as I don't have my clients products yet) so knowing how it works will help me for this and future projects.

Let me know what I need to do or send you.

Thank you

I just need to you to upload the files u are working with and I will set them up and get them working for you.

Also please provide me with a detailed descritption of what problem you are having.

3dladybug,

If you can get that information to me, I can start on it tonight. Let me know.. If the files are to large to upload, you can give me ftp access or you can pm me and I will give you my email address. Let me know.