Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Any way to override attributes set for Body

I'm struggling to override body tag's bg-color style that is set with WD's page background color.

To do that I'm trying to use John's background tweaks with a little modification; <style type="text/css">body {background-color: transparent;}</style>
    but that is set inside the head tags and thus does not work, because body tag comes after it and therefore sets the rule. In this particular case it would be better if WD did not set body style at all. All the other body tweaks work because they are not defined in the body tag's styling.

Is there a way around this?

Default Re: Any way to override attributes set for Body

Why would you want to override it?
    Anyway, if you don't set any page color in the WD, there is no background property in the body tag and your tweak will work.
    John.

ctrl+Drag a colour from the colourline to the page will set the body background colour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ctrl+Drag to set page background.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	58886  

John; Because of 'transparent' value, but if bg-color can be left out by not defining one in WD, then that is what I want. How do i get arid of bg-color if I have already set one? Is white color = no color?

Set it to white, or, right click on the page and select "Default page background".
    John.

Hoorray! The transparent bg tweak works now! Wd is amazing, you are amazing! Such a well done program WD is...

Before this, I had hand tweaked transparent and non-scrolling backgrounds for about a week = cleaning the WD produced code.

Now there is no need for that. Big thing - big grin!

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Markku - Glad John was able to help you solve it. Can you post a .web example that illustrates the tweak. I'm not sure I understand what you were trying to accomplish so seeing a .web example might add to the knowledge base.

Regards, Ross

Hi Ross, I have you in mind and I remember your previous request about an example file.

I've got nothing against that, it is just that this is pretty complicated project and under NDA, so it needs a bit of dedication to make some anonymous, short example. That is why tried to do it easy and just write a short description about the use of iFrames as fake symbols. The bg transparency is a small part of that.

I try but I won't promise.