Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repelled text is very poor quality

I created a page using some of the image objects placed along the edge of a column of text, the images were placed at angles, and set to repel text under, which works fine. In Web Designer this all looks fine, but the exported page is terrible! The text at the edge of the column is twisted and does not line up with the rest of the column, this appears this way in both IE and Firefox so it isn't just a browser issue. Is there some setting I've missed or is this terrible quality just what to expect if flowing text around objects that aren't perpendicular. I've posted an example.
    I realize that this text was created by drawing a text box and pasting text into it, I have already found that the appearance is better if the text is not all one box XWD creates seperate layers for each line, but how can I add large amounts of text this way?

Default Re: Repelled text is very poor quality

It's because you export your repelling object as JPG. This type of image can not contain transparency, so the text underneath is rendered into image and thus is misaligned and fuzzy with jpg lossy compression. To avoid it simply set the image type to PNG for this object. Open Web Properties dialog, Image tab, PNG option.
    John.

Your images in the text area are JPG, images which are used for repelling text should be exported as PNG rather than JPG.

Check the image options in Web Properties.

'Let Xara Web Designer choose...' should mean images used where text repelling is set will always be exported as PNG.

EDIT: Ooops, John beat me while I was screen shooting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageexportforrepelling.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	58771  

Excellent! Nice to know there is a simple fix.
    Can this be set as the default so that I don't have to screw around with this on an image basis?

I believe the default IS to export as .png when the image/photo is repelling text and the Web Properties option for Images is left set at 'Let Xara Web Designer choose...'

At least all my tests show that it is.