Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Background fade for pop up photos

Cool John -- I see what you did but I don't really understand it. I can sort of 'get it' when there's just the one 'click' associated with the page. What has to happen when their is more than one clickable object on the page?

I've attached a revised version -- I think it shows some potential in the technique.

Regards, Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files

hi ross
    thats just what i'm trying to do. i'm struggling to get the 'shade' part to only appear when i click on the image to create the pop up photo. i'm adding the rectangle when i have the 3rd 'pop up' layer selected but it still shows as soon as the page is previewed.
    thanks again
    paul

I tried adding a second thumbnail & popup photo. In the web preview both photo popups display but only the original will load the shading object. What I don't understand is how is that shading object bound or associated with one photo & not the other?

Lingo3 - all I can suggest is to look at John's (Covoxer's) last example carefully in regards to layers & web settings. Try to duplicate what he's done with a simple test page that will make it easier to get the relationships correct.

In my last example I simply edited John's example to make his 'shade' rectangle smaller, and changed the colour -- and I eliminated the transparency because I thought it looked better as a full mask than as a tint. I then typed in the caption on the shade layer & soft grouped it with the 'shade' rectangle.

Regards, Ross

hi
    thought i had this when i noticed that i hadnt changed the web properties on the shaded 'pop up' part to 'pop up layer' but i've done this now & its still not working.

can anyone see why what i've attached isnt showing the shaded rectangle background when the photo pops up.
    thanks again
    paul

My example is not the best way to go - it works only in IE.
    But if it's what you need, I can think how to implement it.
    John.

Lingo3 - I don't understand why your last example isn't working. It seems to be set up just the same as mine yet they don't do the same thing in a preview. I'm using IE7.

John - do you know why my example of a popup layer combined with a popup photo works but Lingo3's doesn't? And as mentioned above how come I can't add a second pic/popup photo and still have it work?

I think it could be quite useful to have an effective way of using the popup photo feature with popup layers.

Regards, Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    John - do you know why my example of a popup layer combined with a popup photo works but Lingo3's doesn't?
    Yes, I know. Becaue yours is modified mine, with some objects edited and some others added. But all the mechanism from my example are in place and workable. While the exapmle from Lingo3 has nothing at all to make it work. He simply has a gallery photo and a popup layer with initiation object on it. Not a single element from what I've done.
    And as mentioned above how come I can't add a second pic/popup photo and still have it work?
    Easily, see the attached 'test-page2a.web'. But as I say, this is not the way to do it. I'll give the appropriate solution later if you don't mind.
    I think it could be quite useful to have an effective way of using the popup photo feature with popup layers.
    Agree. Will be one more snippet to our collection.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    I'll give the appropriate solution later if you don't mind.
    Something to look forward to. (I have a birthday coming up).

The tweaks set is already a wonderful resource - great to see the extensibility of Xara-WD at work.

Regards, Ross

Done. Please download the latest tweak set. It contains this new tweak.
    John.