Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Background fade for pop up photos

Just bought webdesigner,
    I wanted to move the mouse over a thumbnail and have a larger jpeg pop up in a predefined rectangle elsewhere on the page for viewing. (without mouse clicking the thumbnails, just rolling over them..)

I also wanted this rollover action to simultaneously trigger a vector animation around the borders of the larger jpeg rectangle, the vector animation would be of coloured swirls and curls..(like swirling growing spirals emanating from the sides of the image).

Is this possible, or is it more an adobe after effects gig?

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Mark, in the approach that John developed the 'shade' object he used is just a rectangle that can be resized as desired. It is essentially just a pop-up layer behind the popup photo effect. I'm thinking that instead of (or additional to) that fade you could popup a swf animation behind the popup photo and potentially achieve the animated border effect you are hoping for. It seems that your swf animation would need to have a very small file size so it would load instantly. Another thing is all your photos would have to be the same size for the fixed frame size to work otherwise things would get complicated if you needed different frame animations for different photos.

If you make something like you want work I hope you'll post it for us all to see!

Regards, Ross
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 02 May 2009 at 12:33 PM.

thanks Ross, will do when I work it out..no doubt I`ll be back for more when I stuff it up