Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

See the attached.
    Note, that despite Popup1 is intended to be a locked popup, you still need to have the button that is called "Popup 1 (not locked)".
    As I say, if you don't want to use this button, hide it somwhere, make it 1x1px size and place under anything so it's not visible.
    Do you understand now?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John.

John, I think your new script method really answer the question Slavelle originally brought up. Now we can even use two methods to open the one and the same popup, making this all very flexible.

Thank you very much!

Btw, I am a bit confused of the place where we could place our scripting requests - this thread or the "Dear..." subforum?

I am a bit confused of the place where we could place our scripting requests
    Hi Markuu,

The 'Dear Web Designer' forum is for program feature requests, new ideas and bug reports.

Discussing, testing and swapping scripts for your pages is best kept in the main Web Designer forum.

Yes, please keep all discussions regarding tweaks in this thread for now.
    Thank you.
    John.

Hi,

I come back to this request of a sticky floating objects that (I'm assuming here) reposition themselves based on the current position of browser's scrollbar. They are always visible at the same spot on the screen no matter of the page position, and they stay on top of the content.

With this I'm looking to demo a use case where a customer care person is using a heavy customer managing application, getting calls from customers, providing them with information and making changes to the information, and at the same time typing information (report) about the customer call, and this last part is where I thought of using a floating widget that can be opened/closed and stays available for the cc person all the time for writing the report. With the widget's position I have two options; right hand side or at the bottom of the browser viewport a bit like a dashboard.

Things like this have been in the web for a long time, but of course it would be cool to have such a tweak in WD.

I thought the sticky footer tweak would have fitted into my use but that tweak appears not to float on top of content, but maybe it could be used as a base for this, I don't know. But Covoxer would.

Covoxer,

I got it. I wasn't reading what you said quite right, but now I get it. In case anyone else misses it like I did: Even though you will have a button that calls your locking layer by use of the javascript:... in the URL field, that button is not enough to tell Xara that the locking layer you are referring to should be considered a popup layer. By creating another box of some sort (even off the page or behind another object or whatever that links to the popup layer as if it were any other, it indicates that the layer you are referencing is to be a popup layer, and thus, it doesn't show. The other buttons you create will actually control the showing and hiding of this layer - this "extra" linking mechanism seems only to be here to properly identify the locking layer.

Hope that helps - and thanks again covoxer...does exactly what I asked for.

Here are two examples of what I mean in my previous post.

You need to click the "Demo" link to see it in action.
    http://nettuts.com/html-css-techniqu...query-and-css/

Here the ad on the right is another example.
    http://www.demonoid.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Markku View Post
    Here are two examples of what I mean in my previous post.

You need to click the "Demo" link to see it in action.
    http://nettuts.com/html-css-techniqu...query-and-css/

Here the ad on the right is another example.
    http://www.demonoid.com/

Yes, I know. Create placeholder on the popup layer that has to be "floating" and put following code in it:
    Code:
    <div class="my_noscroll_id"></div>
    <script class="text/javascript">//<!--
    if(!my_noscroll_used){my_noscroll_old = window.onscroll; window.onscroll=my_noscroll;}
    var my_noscroll_sxo=0;var my_noscroll_syo=0;
    function my_noscroll(e){var sx=0;var sy=0;
    if(my_noscroll_old)my_noscroll_old(e);
    if(typeof(window.pageXOffset)=='number'){sx=window.pageXOffset;sy=window.pageYOffset;}else if(document.body && (document.body.scrollLeft || document.body.scrollTop))
    {sx=document.body.scrollLeft;sy=document.body.scrollTop;}else{ sx=document.documentElement.scrollLeft;sy=document.documentElement.scrollTop;};
    var t = document.getElementsByTagName("div");var i;
    for(i=0; i<t.length; i++) {
    if (t[i].className=="my_noscroll_id"){var o=t[i].parentNode.parentNode.parentNode;
    o.style.left=(parseInt(o.style.left)+sx-my_noscroll_sxo)+"px";o.style.top=(parseInt(o.style.top)+sy-my_noscroll_syo)+"px";
    };};my_noscroll_sxo=sx;my_noscroll_syo=sy;};
    var my_noscroll_used=1;//-->
    </script>
    You can use it on multiple popups if needed.

I'll add this to the tweakset together with a few more snippets soon.
    John.

How could you do that?????? So quickly? Works right of the bat!!!!

In the beginning I wasn't even sure how to use it, I just took your code, put it within my existing crippled example of this feature, and with this tweak it became magically alive. Hooorray!!!

Thank you so much, John!

Oh, and it works in combination with locking popups and draggable popups tweaks.
    John.