Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by dlynnhicks View Post
    So I downloaded and unzipped the lastest file of the tweaks. Just to let you know I have yet to be able to see these. I went to the design utility, desc designed, clicked on the tweak file.

I put it in it's own special folder in a desktop file I have for graphics. When I import them I get gray squares with .htm under them. As far as I can tell there is no functionality.

What am I doing wrong? .
    Sound like you have added wrong directory to the designs gallery. When you select directory to add, you have to open the "XWD 501 Tweaks" folder, so that you see only the "XaraInfo" folder in the list. Then press "Add". I think you simply selected "XWD 501 Tweaks", and not entered it, when you clicked "Add".
    John.

Don't know what I did but it is finally in Xara WD. Thanks.
    Mrs. Debbie Hicks
    Ret AF, AD2H

Hey Covoxer,

Let me repeat again how much I appreciate you adding these special extras to the program to help it cross the tech barrier, if just a little. I wish I knew javascript to be able to author anything like these!

Regarding the Locking Popups: Is there a way to change the script so that only some popups are locked, but others close normally? Like amybe something about the way an item is named on the locking layers. That is, rather than just naming something on the layer that you want locked, you name it "lockthis: rectangle3" or whatever. If other popups don't contain names with that prefix, they don't lock.

Would something like that be a big change? I'm thinking no, but I don't understand javascript at all (though I have a COBOL, VB type background a long time ago)

Slavelle's request is very much needed here too!

Why? With locking popups enabled you have full control over your popups. You can close and open them with any button. If you need behavior similar to default on click popups, you can simply add my_close for all poppups and my_open for one to the button, so when you click it, all popups hide and one appears. You can combine it anyway you want. So I really don't understand what exactly do you miss from conventional on click popups?

BTW It's not that easy to implement.
    John.

Speaking for myself - I have 10-20 popups in one page. Just a couple of those needs to be sticky. Then I have 5 pages similar to this.

Every sticky popup needs a unique name. It would be easier to maintain names if I could just name the few ones that really need it. The regular way of using click popups is easier because it is more like "set and forget".

Ok. Let's try this one.
    Replace the code in the placeholder of the locking popups tweak with following code:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function my_close(my_name){var o=document.getElementById(my_name).parentNode; if(o.id=='')o=o.parentNode;xr_v0(o);};
    function my_open(my_name){var o=document.getElementById(my_name).parentNode; if(o.id=='')o=o.parentNode;xr_v1(o);};
    </script>
    Now all on click popups will work as usually. If you want a popup to be locked, use javascript:my_open("popupname") link instead. I think you're familiar with this.
    What do you think, does it solves the queasion?
    John.

John,

I'm attempting to make this work and have run into an issue: Since the layer that I want to show as a popup is not designated as a popup layer anywhere (unless the my_open thing handles this), it always shows just as if it were on the mouseoff layer.

So, when I click the "close this locking popup layer button", it closes the mouseoff layer and the whole thing disappears.

What am I missing? (see attached example)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, of course, you have to link something to the layer to make it popup. If you don't want this object to be available for user, either hide it under something or place on the hidden layer (a popup layer with only references placed on itself).
    John.

I did "link" something to the layer, but from your instructions, I thought ath I was supposed to use the javascript:... link in the URL field for the button that should open the locking popup as opposed to the "show a popup layer" choice that I usually use. So, I've got two buttons,one that links to a non-locking popup in the normal way (which works) and one that links to a locking popup, using the javascript:... in the URL field which displays before anything is clicked and becomes one with the mouseoff layer.

My example shows what I'm trying to do: Am I linking off the "open the locking popup" button incorrectly?