Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

Slightly improved version attached.
    Added one more tweak to stop background fill from scrolling (as discussed here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...6&postcount=16)

Download latest version.
    Last edited by covoxer; 09 April 2009 at 12:56 PM.
    John.

Thanks John. The tweaks are great and now are Xtremely easy to use in Web Designer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks John. XWD is a great program, but your snippets and tweaks are bringing it alive!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi

I'm no doubt being very thick here but I unzipped the zip file to a directory (C:\Xara\Web Designer seemed a reasonable place), went into design gallery, clicked 'Disc design', selected the folder 'C:\Xara\Web Designer\XWD 501 Tweaks' and clicked 'Add' (this last bit was not in John's instructions but I couldn't see what else to do at this point).

I now have 'C:\Xara\Web Designer\XWD 501 Tweaks' appearing in the Design Gallery (no "Tweaks" section as in the instructions) and I see nothing under it that fits the description "Simple placeholders look like a single orange box with description". Help!

Quote Originally Posted by gpholman View Post
    clicked 'Add' (this last bit was not in John's instructions but I couldn't see what else to do at this point).
    Well, I didn't think this can be confusing for anyone.
    I now have 'C:\Xara\Web Designer\XWD 501 Tweaks' appearing in the Design Gallery (no "Tweaks" section as in the instructions) and I see nothing under it that fits the description "Simple placeholders look like a single orange box with description". Help!
    I think you have to remove what you had added and then add following directory:

C:\Xara\Web Designer\XWD 501 Tweaks\XWD 501 Tweaks

I believe you have it.
    John.

Thanks John!

This is exactly what I was suggesting in another post about documenting these tweaks (as well as the exported javascript to help others provide additional functionality).

I'll have to check it when time permits.

I hope this either becomes a sticky post or gets added to XaraXone shareware page (or where ever appropriate)...

Sorry John but I don't follow you. I don't have a directory called 'C:\Xara\Web Designer\XWD 501 Tweaks\XWD 501 Tweaks'. I have 'C:\Xara\Web Designer\XWD 501 Tweaks' and in it are a bunch of xara files.

Sorry John but I don't follow you. I don't have a directory called 'C:\Xara\Web Designer\XWD 501 Tweaks\XWD 501 Tweaks'. I have 'C:\Xara\Web Designer\XWD 501 Tweaks' and in it are a bunch of xara files.
    And if you add this directory to the Designs gallery you dont get the Tweaks section? Something goes wrong for sure.
    Ok. So let's try it the other way. Remove what you had added to the Designs gallery. Delete 'C:\Xara\Web Designer\XWD 501 Tweaks' directory. Extract the archive to some other place. Just in case. Check if you have a bunch of xar files as well as subfolder 'XaraInfo' with 'XaraClip.txt' inside. It is present in the archive. Then add this newly extracted folder to the Designs gallery again. Tell me if it fails or not.
    John.

Hi John, I put the directory under c:\temp this time and it worked fine.

To clarify I originally had it under c:\program files\xara\web designer. So the 'program files' bit may have been to blame.

Hi John, I put the directory under c:\temp this time and it worked fine.

To clarify I originally had it under c:\program files\xara\web designer. So the 'program files' bit may have been to blame.
    Hmm... it shouldn't actually. But who knows. Glad it works for you now!
    John.