Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

Oh MAN! I've had to change all of the layer naming and javascript arguments a couple of times now. I kept getting the error "Object Expected" when Previewing. I finally review the Tweaks Manual to note the following restrictions:
    (The [popup layer] name can contain only alphabetic letters, digits, "-" and "_" characters and must begin with any letter except for "x" or "X").
    The '01' though '12' layer names that I used in my previously uploaded temp.web are invalid. Later, changing them all to _A, _B, _C ... _L also proved to be wrong.
    • The only possible characters for layer names are:
      A through Z (but not X), or
      a through z (but not x), and
      _ and -
    • The first character in a cannot be _ (underscore) nor - (hyphen).

Attached is a temp.web file that has twelve buttons, with corresponding locking popup layers. It sports MouseOver function and a button overlay that indicates which is the the active layer. It also uses covoxer's great my_close_all() recommendation.

Learning is fun.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Later, changing them all to _A, _B, _C ... _L also proved to be wrong.
    No wonder since:
    (The [popup layer] name can contain only alphabetic letters, digits, "-" and "_" characters and must begin with any letter except for "x" or "X").
    The first character in a cannot be _ (underscore) nor - (hyphen).
    Neither underscore nor hyphen is a letter. Or is it?
    John.

You're right John. In my previous post I was only trying to emphasize (pass along to the group) what I learned by more carefully reading the stated restriction.

I failed to previously catch the stated fact that digits can be used. The attached [modified] example that uses 01 for a popup layer name (instead of A) doesn't seem to work. Perhaps you can tell me what I'm missing. The slight change that I made (simply to test the use of digits in applying names) involves the following three steps:
    1. Change then name for the popup layer one's rounded-rectange from A to 01.
    2. Change the top MouseOff button's Link to address to javascript:my_close_all();my_open('01') .
    3. Changed the my_close_all() function to reference 01, instead of A. (Note the round, gray, placeholder in the lower-left corner ... on the PopUp_flag layer.)
    Where might my error be?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    I failed to previously catch the stated fact that digits can be used.
    Digits can be used but the name must begin with a LETTER.
    John.

JeezLouise ...
    How silly is that. It's time to put down the keyboard/mouse and do some phyical labor, I guess.

Thanks.

Thanks for a brilliant set of tweaks, John. I am using Dynamic content with a CMS placeholder but have hit a problem with a coloured browser background colour with a white panel behind the page content. As you can guess, as the content expands, a gap opens up showing through the browser background. The Dynamic and Footer panel seem to be set as transparent.
    http://webmagicsouth.co.uk/dynamic_show_through.png

Do you have a workaround, please?

I guess so.
    If you use the "Dynamic page" tweak, and you have a background rectangle, simple give it a "my_background" name and it will automatically stretch to the length of the page.
    In the original tweak template there is a blue rectangle to demonstrate it and it is described both in manual and comment on the tweak's orange rectangle.

Does it help?
    John.

Smile Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

That does the trick, thanks, John.

I plainly didn't read the notes.

Best

David

Well, it did work when i tried it on a single page. Then I changed the rest of the site and the same problem is happening. I even tried dragging a new Dynamic Content page in from the Tweaks gallery and copying the blue my_background to an existing page - The page stretches, the footer is in the right place but the blue background does not stretch. Pic below.
    http://webmagicsouth.co.uk/dynamic_show_through002.png

Any further suggestions, please, Jonh?

Best

David

Yes, you are right. Current code will not work with multiple pages.
    To fix it you'll have to make a little change in code for every page.
    Generally the problem is that you can not use the same name for the background rectangle. So, you have to change it for every page into something unique.
    To do so, select the black rectangle on the "--footer begin--" layer and open Web Properties Dialog on Placeholder tab. Find following string in the code:
    Code:
    var bg=document.getElementById('my_background');
    As you see it contains the background rectangle name. Make it unique for every page, for example by adding a digit at the end. Then use the same name with the background rectangle.

I think it's the simplest way to use it with multiple pages in a single design.
    John.