Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

Hi John,

I'm getting errors with this (floating window that follows scrolling) in my trusted Firefox and some odd stuff in Safari too. In Firefox it offsets content to the left and off the page when you start scrolling the page.
    In Chome and IE7 it works perfectly.

Is there anything you could do about it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Yes, I know. Create placeholder on the popup layer that has to be "floating" and put following code in it:
    Code:
    <div class="my_noscroll_id"></div>
    <script class="text/javascript">//<!--
    if(!my_noscroll_used){my_noscroll_old = window.onscroll; window.onscroll=my_noscroll;}
    var my_noscroll_sxo=0;var my_noscroll_syo=0;
    function my_noscroll(e){var sx=0;var sy=0;
    if(my_noscroll_old)my_noscroll_old(e);
    if(typeof(window.pageXOffset)=='number'){sx=window.pageXOffset;sy=window.pageYOffset;}else if(document.body && (document.body.scrollLeft || document.body.scrollTop))
    {sx=document.body.scrollLeft;sy=document.body.scrollTop;}else{ sx=document.documentElement.scrollLeft;sy=document.documentElement.scrollTop;};
    var t = document.getElementsByTagName("div");var i;
    for(i=0; i<t.length; i++) {
    if (t[i].className=="my_noscroll_id"){var o=t[i].parentNode.parentNode.parentNode;
    o.style.left=(parseInt(o.style.left)+sx-my_noscroll_sxo)+"px";o.style.top=(parseInt(o.style.top)+sy-my_noscroll_syo)+"px";
    };};my_noscroll_sxo=sx;my_noscroll_syo=sy;};
    var my_noscroll_used=1;//-->
    </script>
    You can use it on multiple popups if needed.

I'll add this to the tweakset together with a few more snippets soon.

I don't know. It works perfect in FF here. I may need to see the failing example for further assistance.
    John.

My mistake again. I had two named objects with the same name but on a different page and that was causing issues with IE and Firefox. Different issues on those browsers, but when I renamed the other object, then everything started working nicely again.

John, your scripts are working flawlessly. Sorry fro wrong report.

For reasons such as this it would be good to be able to see a listing of names within a project and be able to find/highlight the duplicates.

I was trying out the history buttons in the tweaks set, but couldn't get them to work as intended. Looking at the links, I noticed that the buttons are linked to www.xara.com. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I was trying out the history buttons in the tweaks set, but couldn't get them to work as intended. Looking at the links, I noticed that the buttons are linked to www.xara.com. Am I missing something?
    No, they are not. At least, the shouldn't. Try again.
    John.

I tried again and you're right, now they show javascript in the links. Bizarre, but issue solved. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Sound like you have added wrong directory to the designs gallery. When you select directory to add, you have to open the "XWD 501 Tweaks" folder, so that you see only the "XaraInfo" folder in the list. Then press "Add". I think you simply selected "XWD 501 Tweaks", and not entered it, when you clicked "Add".
    Hi there,
    Seems I'm not alone.
    I've also tried all this and only get the grey 4-square image in the folder.
    Doesn't matter what directory I put it in.
    I do get one catch - nothing in the XaraInfo folder..... ?

Yes, HimAGAIN :-)

Look at your folder selection dialog before you click Add. It has look like the one on the screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gal.png 
Views:	416 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	60479  
    John.

Thumbs up Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

Hi John,
    Just going thru the tweaks html - thank you again!

Really liked your presentation of the material.
    A brief tutorial on the steps you took to do this exact pageset would be a great thing!
    I'd like to use the format for training materials, myself.

Cheers!

HimAGAIN

I'm using covoxer's sticky popup script heavily. I really hope that it will be implemented natively into WD.

While it is still a tweak, I hope John would improve it just a little more by making it possible (as an option) to automatically close all other open (sticky) popups without the author having to write numerous my_close statements.

I'm envisioning it to work like this:
    Code:
    my_close('all_popups');
    Is that possible?

One more question; is it wrong/will it create an error is I exclusively define all my popups to be closed, yet just a few of them are open at the moment?