Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

The tweak is for HTML jerfud, not the XWD page.

What this means is that a bitmap will tile on the page INSIDE Web Designer, but not when you preview or export to HTML.

Try it.

(Below showing Web Designer page behind the 'preview' window)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	donotile.png 
Views:	300 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	62725  

Jerfud, after having followed the steps that covoxer and sledger have outlined, did you preview (or export) the page? I see the same behavior you describe (I'm using XX5), but when previewing I see just one row of tiles.

EDIT: sledger draws faster than his own shadow...

exactly Boy, this is precisely what I said above.

oh...

oops LOL

Hey John,

I'm trying to use the no scrolling background tweak but I'm finding that once I drag it onto the page its showing up as a new layer and after changing the color in the placeholder it also covers up the background image...How do I get around this.....thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchersPromo View Post
    ...I'm finding that once I drag it onto the page its showing up as a new layer
    It is placed on the "MouseOff" layer. It there's no such layer in your design it is created. You can move the group that contains the placeholder to any other static layer. But make sure it is palaced on page not pasteboard.
    ...and after changing the color in the placeholder it also covers up the background image...
    I don't get it. Please explain precisely what are you doing and what's the result.
    John.

Hi there,

I've just noticed that there is a tweak for dynamic page content. I've got XX 5.1.0. Is this tweak necessary for me, and can I use the tweak for XWD 5.0.1?

Many thanks,

Mermaid

The tweaks were originally created by Covoxer during the first month or so after XWD's release. So yes, they are fine for Web Designer.
    They also work just the same with Xtreme 5.

As to whether you need to use them? Well - that's your choice

Thank you.

I'll look into it. I need to present dynamic data in a pretty format, so this might be a good answer for me (I was planning on mocking something up in XX then getting as close as I could in DW - yuk!).

Mermaid

Hi,

I really need some help with this one, tried nearly everything, but can´t get it to work.

I´m using the dragging and the locking layer tweaks and want to activate a popup layer through a link on a popup layer. So far so good, but this second popup layer should be locked and draggable, and I want to be able to close it with a button on its own layer; pretty much how Windows works
    Maybe someone could help or point me in the right direction. The htm script in the tweak is the one covoxer posted to help out someone. The button (X) I want to use to close the window is already present, but I deleted any javascript as nothing worked.

Thanks in advance,

Zsolt

edit: the window is under news --> visuals
    Attached Files Attached Files