Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

Yes, this will be fixed in the next version of WD.
    Tweakset User Manual was created entirely with WD 5.0.1.
    John.

Thanks so much John for all your work. It is a great program that Tweaks only make better.

So I downloaded and unzipped the lastest file of the tweaks. Just to let you know I have yet to be able to see these. I went to the design utility, desc designed, clicked on the tweak file.

I put it in it's own special folder in a desktop file I have for graphics. When I import them I get gray squares with .htm under them. As far as I can tell there is no functionality.

What am I doing wrong? .
    Mrs. Debbie Hicks
    Ret AF, AD2H

Quote Originally Posted by dlynnhicks View Post
    So I downloaded and unzipped the lastest file of the tweaks. Just to let you know I have yet to be able to see these. I went to the design utility, desc designed, clicked on the tweak file.

I put it in it's own special folder in a desktop file I have for graphics. When I import them I get gray squares with .htm under them. As far as I can tell there is no functionality.

What am I doing wrong? .
    Sound like you have added wrong directory to the designs gallery. When you select directory to add, you have to open the "XWD 501 Tweaks" folder, so that you see only the "XaraInfo" folder in the list. Then press "Add". I think you simply selected "XWD 501 Tweaks", and not entered it, when you clicked "Add".
    John.

Don't know what I did but it is finally in Xara WD. Thanks.
    Mrs. Debbie Hicks
    Ret AF, AD2H

Hey Covoxer,

Let me repeat again how much I appreciate you adding these special extras to the program to help it cross the tech barrier, if just a little. I wish I knew javascript to be able to author anything like these!

Regarding the Locking Popups: Is there a way to change the script so that only some popups are locked, but others close normally? Like amybe something about the way an item is named on the locking layers. That is, rather than just naming something on the layer that you want locked, you name it "lockthis: rectangle3" or whatever. If other popups don't contain names with that prefix, they don't lock.

Would something like that be a big change? I'm thinking no, but I don't understand javascript at all (though I have a COBOL, VB type background a long time ago)

Slavelle's request is very much needed here too!

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Sound like you have added wrong directory to the designs gallery. When you select directory to add, you have to open the "XWD 501 Tweaks" folder, so that you see only the "XaraInfo" folder in the list. Then press "Add". I think you simply selected "XWD 501 Tweaks", and not entered it, when you clicked "Add".
    Hi there,
    Seems I'm not alone.
    I've also tried all this and only get the grey 4-square image in the folder.
    Doesn't matter what directory I put it in.
    I do get one catch - nothing in the XaraInfo folder..... ?

Yes, HimAGAIN :-)

Look at your folder selection dialog before you click Add. It has look like the one on the screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gal.png 
Views:	422 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	60479  
    John.