Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

Pretty darn brilliant and great service on top of that! You can't beat such a combination. Thanks, John.

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

New version available!
    Added one Gallery popup background tweak (as discussed here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37556).
    If your page has gallery type pop ups (Web properties / Link / Popup photo), and you want it to shade the page when popup si active, then you can use this new tweak.
    To use it, simply drag and drop the "Gallery background" twek to your page.
    You'll see the new "--popups shade--" layer. It contains shading object and a script placeholder. Edit shadding object as you wish, but don't delete it. You can also add more objects to this layer.
    That's it. All photo popups will have this layer on the background.

Download latest version.
    Last edited by covoxer; 09 April 2009 at 12:56 PM.
    John.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Thanks John -- the new photo popup + background fade tweak works well.

Regards, Ross

Great set of tweaks! There were stuff I did not know existed, which is like getting a surprise gift. Thank you.

Question John; using sticky pop up, is it possible to alter javascript:my_close('mypopup1');my_open('mypopup2' );
    so that it could work through iFrame from one child page to the mother page (which hosts the iFrame) or vice versa. In another words could I drill up/down the command order?

Quote Originally Posted by Markku View Post
    Question John; using sticky pop up, is it possible to alter javascript:my_close('mypopup1');my_open('mypopup2' );
    so that it could work through iFrame from one child page to the mother page (which hosts the iFrame) or vice versa.
    Have you tried changing target for a link? If you want a link to open in the parent window, select '_parent'. If you want a link to open in the child iFrame, you have to give it a name and then enter this name to the target field. Described here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=36753
    John.

Oh my!! Using _parent really is enough to send javascript link from iFrame to the parent to work with your sticky popup script. I thought that the page nested by the iFrame was deeper in object hierarchy so that one needs to use some intelligent slash/backslash/dot combination before the object name...but no. This is one of those rare cases when this coder stuff is easy.

I did not need to use the main script in the child page even, it was enough that it was in the parent page. Really nice!

and the attachment is where?

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Slightly improved version attached.
    Added one more tweak to stop background fill from scrolling (as discussed here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...6&postcount=16)

Quote Originally Posted by richinri View Post
    and the attachment is where?
    Keep searching!
    Hint: it's right on THIS page.
    John.

John there is a possibility that some members change their User CP settings to show Number of Posts to Show Per Page differently to the Forum default.
    This means that the page counts per thread will not be the same as is for members who leave it set at Forum Default.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	postsperpage.png 
Views:	610 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	58967  

Oh. Indeed.
    Anyway, Steve, perhaps when we remove the old version attachment, it would be a good thing to add a link to the post with following version?
    What do you think?
    John.