Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need help trying to get form to load in iframe

I used Coffecup Password Software to make a login form. I am trying to get the html file that Coffeecup generates for the form to load in an iframe but it just comes up blank. I have read the threads on using iframes and have looked at the examples posted by others but I must be missing something.

I have also tried inputting the code given by Coffecup into a placeholder but that didn't work either. Other Coffeecup forms I have on my site work fine - though they are not being loaded into iframes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Need help trying to get form to load in iframe

Can you zip and attached the WholesalePage.html and the WholesalePage.swf too please? (If you are comfortable with this?)

Hi

The one time I used this programme I recall I had problems as well. Firstly the version of Apache on my server had to be right as the files are written in .php.
    Also, the files had to be uploaded to the server before you can see the form working.
    I don't know if you've done that already, but it might be the cause of your problem?
    I gave up in the end as four hosts I use all had problems with the programme.

JimW

Here are the files Coffecup generated for the form. Sorry, about that. I guess I thought those files were included with the .web file because I have seen other examples like the iframe that loaded an external .txt file and the file that was uploaded in the posting was a .web file if I remember right. Do you have to export as a site using the .web extension to get all files included?

As far as the posting about not showing up until uploaded to a site, the login form in the html file shows up just fine when opened directly in a browser on my local computer and the Coffecup contact and upload forms I have also show up just fine in preview. I have not actually uploaded the site to my server yet.

Hi Lisa,

Perhaps you uploaded the wrong .zip?
    There's only your iFrame.web file inside, no files Coffecup generated for the form.

Here we go again.......here's the files

Lisa please download the attached zip.
    The form now loads by default into the iframe placeholder you have drawn.
    Just run the index.htm to view.

I have updated your .web file with the edited <iframe placedolder code. (I added src=index_htm_files/WholesalePage.html to the string)

Files:
    WholesalePage.apw
    WholesalePage.html
    WholesalePage.swf
    all reside in the index_htm_files folder

Let me know how this goes

Ok, will do. But I had also put copies of the files in the root directory with the other .htm files.... I would have thought that would have worked.

Placing the files inside the index_htm_files folder will ensure that all files are automatcally uploaded when you 'Publish' the site.
    With the exception of index.htm generated by WD, files in the root will not be uploaded automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Placing the files inside the index_htm_files folder will ensure that all files are automatcally uploaded when you 'Publish' the site.
    With the exception of index.htm generated by WD, files in the root will not be uploaded automatically.
    Gotcha.... However you won't believe how stupid I was. I hadn't published the site, it is only on my local computer. BUT I realized after your .web file worked, and mine didn't even after I changed the src line, that even though I thought I had double checked it, I had mistakenly put the form on the mouseOVER layer instead of the mouseOFF layer. Guess I was just too tired to notice last night. Other than the outline, the actual form didn't show up in preview even after exporting - but it does when it is opened in the browser.

Thank you for the "fresh pair of eyes". I really appreciate the time you took to look at it as I was really starting to get frustrated!

Oh, and yes, the directory name did have to be included in the src line to work also.
    Last edited by lisagriff; 05 April 2009 at 04:42 AM.