Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default another embed video question

hello all,

new user here, and i am really enjoying the program it is very cool .... it is my understanding that your projects are done without tables, i have read some of the posts and understand how to embed a flash file with placeholder but where i run into trouble is that i am trying to add a multiple file flv/flash player (freeware) to my website. It comes with the html,xml,js and player, the problem with the html is it uses a table.

I have created an image backround where the flash player will sit over top but i cant get it to embed.
    here is a link to where i was thinking of placing it http://www3.telus.net/jwil/test2.jpg

Been on this for a few weeks now and i guess it is my limited html/css knowledge that i cant seem to put this page together. All other pages will be a breeze because its mostly text and pics.

here is the player and what it looks like
    http://www.woosterwebdesign.com/flvplayer/

i would like to know if it can be positioned without a table with web designer and, am i running into problems because there is a seperate jscript?.... i can create this page without web designer but i would like to use web designer because of the no tables and the ease of use.

any help will be appreciated.....
    wee eck : )
    Last edited by weeeck; 03 April 2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: sorry didnt mean to embed graphic

Default Re: another embed video question

Just tried it out for you. A few tips to get it working.

1. Use the latest version and take advantage of the feature that lets you add code to the header. Create an object (can be anything anywhere - even on the pasteboard area), assign the name <head> to it, and put the code from the top of one of the \example files in the placeholder
    Code:
    <!-- UFO javascript start -->
    		<script type="text/javascript" src="ufo.js"></script>
    		<script type="text/javascript">
    		var FO = { movie:"wwd-flv-player.swf", width:"420", height:"470", majorversion:"7", build:"0", wmode:"transparent", flashvars:"TXTcolor=0x000000&BTNcolor=0x000000&BARcolor=0xDDDDDD&FLVpath=videos/" };
    		UFO.create(FO, "ufo1");
    		</script>
    <!-- UFO javascript end -->

<style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body {
    	margin-left: 0px;
    	margin-top: 0px;
    	margin-right: 0px;
    	margin-bottom: 0px;
    	background-color:#CCCCCC;
    }
    -->
    </style>
    2. Create an object large enough to hold the video area (plus the thumbs below or whatever) and add this to the placeholder tab in the "replace with html" area:
    Code:
    <div id="ufo1">video player</div>
    3. Export your site to some folder.
    4. Copy the files from the download for the FLV player you downloaded into the same folder where you just exported the xara web. You will have to replace your videos, thumbs, and the xml stuff yourself, but in my case, I just copied all the samples exactly as they are in the download.
    5. You should now be able to preview this working.

Does that help?

thanks slavelle

i realy appreciate it.....

i am using 5.01 i cant find where to add to header? Do i edit the html in notepad?

wee eck

Select the placeholder object and click the name tag (yellow tag icon) or utilities>>names to assign the name <head> to the object.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	names.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	58709  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 03 April 2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: silly typos

That's <head> as the name, not <header>, right?

LOL - my typos are getting worserer and worserer....

Yes, <head> is correct.

Will change screenshot
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 03 April 2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: crikey