Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Need a Step by Step Tutorial on Embedding Video and Flash Banners

Cursor,

I used Jing. It's free. It has no "post editing" like their upscale product Camtasia, but it's good for quick ones like this. In my case, I recorded the demo, saved it local, and then used the tutorial instruction method to create the web page it's sitting on. They also have a place where you can upload to their server. You can get the tool here: http://jingproject.com

There is a pro version which adds some capabilities for $15/year and then there's Camtasia, which needs some more features for the price in my opinion, but is the best out there I've found for doing more elaborate things like blurring out private information, adding graphical callouts, zooming to different parts of the screen, highlights, transitions, etc. But it's like $299. I have an older version that I've used for some pretty cool stuff...but a bit over the top for a hobbyist (even thought that's what I am a lot of the time, I own an IT Support business, so I can count it in my "toolbelt".

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle
    I own an IT Support business, so I can count it in my "toolbelt".
    I was looking through your site. Fun stuff. Good luck with it. You sound solid, confident and professional in the demo presentation.

Thanks for the Jing reference. I'll definitely download/install it ... then author away.

I agree slavelle, very clearly presented video tutorial.
    I hope to see more

How about we have another moderator-only constructed thread that centralizes helpful tutorials (like slavelle's, above), similar to the javascript thread that was recently started http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37500 (at John's request)?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 03 April 2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Corrected the 'here' link

Hi Curtis, I have corrected your 'here' link as you'd entered 'here' as the hyperlink rather than the page URL you were referencing

As for a WD tips and tutorials thread, I agree it's a good idea and we may look at sorting through the best of the best at some stage.

Hi Slavelle do you think you could do a video tutorial on how to embed video also, someone said that the one you did on embedding the flash was the same as the video, but I still would like to see it done for video. Sorry about imposing on you.