Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Displaying HTML file & different bookmarks in placeholder

Is there any way to feed info from a link (the name of an HTML file with a bookmark) to some code embedded in a placeholder so that HTML file is displayed at the bookmark in that placeholder?

For example, I have WebPage1 containing 3 separate links (1 each to “X1”, “X2”, and X3”), a placeholder and a separate DATA.HTML file where I’ve bookmarked X1, X2, and X3. I’d like to click any of the links and have the data file open in the placeholder at the particular bookmark.

I know I could do it with different pop up layers for each link each containing its own placeholder with the IFRAME & bookmark specific code in it but I was wondering if there was another way.

Richard

Default Re: Displaying HTML file & different bookmarks in placeholder

Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    I know I could do it with different pop up layers for each link each containing its own placeholder with the IFRAME & bookmark specific code in it but I was wondering if there was another way.
    Well, you can open different pages in the same iframe, for example.
    John.

Thanks, John.

How would I do that (open different pages in the same <iframe>)? That sounds like that would do what I want. Would it be a variation on what’s in the “…Is there a way to trigger a PopUp Photo from another object? “ thread? If I name the placeholder would some javascript from the link (including the file name plus bookmark info) cause the info to show up in the placeholder. Could any of the other IFRAME parameters be called, particularly the ‘scrolling’ one?

With HTML code the placeholder will display the info for bookmark “x1” if I put something like this in it.
    <iframe src="index_htm_files/data.html#x1" width="775" height="275" scrolling="yes" marginwidth="10" marginheight="5"></iframe>

Richard

John.

John,

That works great! Thank you.

Richard