Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Multi Line Text Links Donīt show correctly

Hello,

I seem to have a problem with text links which are longer than one text line.

For a website Iīve been making text links which are 2 lines long. However, when I apply a link to it (Selecting both lines and pressing link button) and
    previewing it, a strange thing happens...

Both lines look like two seperate links. Although they link to the same page.
    When mouse is over the first line, only the first line changes color as set in the website tab under link colors. The second line of the same link doesnīt change color. Unless you point at the second line but then again the first line is not lit.

Does anyone know how to make both lines change color (even if only one line is pointed with the mouse, Frontpage could do it) so you wouldnīt think these are two seperate ones?

Could be Iīm missing an obvious point here, but I havenīt been able to make it work in several days...

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Multi Line Text Links Donīt show correctly

Welcome DigiGarage, I see what you mean. I expect this is due to the way XWD uses divs to create single lines of text. I'm not sure if a workaround is possible. You can group the text but this just creates a graphic which is not so good for SEO. Perhaps other members can come up with way around this.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well you could use <a href=http://www.talkgraphics.com>This is a linked<br>broken line of text</a> in a placeholder.

Thanks for looking into this... I Donīt wanna group em because, already sayd, the text wonīt be that easy to look at, because its a small fonts.

However, the placeholder is a good idea. Iīll see into it.

Just a little disappointed that this canīt be done any easier...

Thx a lot

Instead of pressing ENTER to go to the next line (if that's what you're doing), try pressing Ctrl+ENTER.

Hi,

Iīve tried hitting CRTL+Enter but that does nothing at all...

Iīve tried with Shift+enter because I know that a hard enter isnīt the same as a soft enter, but it makes no difference in my problem.

Thx anyway

Iīve tried with Shift+enter
    That was the one I meant. Sorry it didn't work.

I'm not sure I see the problem. I just created three text links using different methods. As far as I can tell they seem to behave just fine. That is, dual lined text links behave a single links, not as two links that target the same location.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Cursor.

But what I meanīt was that the mouse over color doesnīt change.
    I have looked at your *.web file, and the only thing Iīve changed is the mouse over colour in the "website" tab in webproperties and is now back in attachment.

If you will preview the website you will see that the colour only changes of one line and not both...

Thx
    Attached Files Attached Files

I now see the problem ... but (sadly) don't have a solution.